Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
floridababa

Rome hotel recommendation

Recommended Posts

Will be on royal leaving g from Rome.  Looking for a hotel that is not far from city center.  No apartments nor B&B

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We stayed at Hotel Abruzzi right in the city center, right at the Pantheon. The view out our window was the Pantheon. Walking distance to many other sights from there. Charming square. Breakfast included. No elevator, though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We stayed at the Best Western Artdeco in Rome.  Walking distance to the train station.  Great hotel, clean quiet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We stayed at the Hotel Alberto del Senato. Absolutely wonderful stay.  Right beside the Pantheon in the Piazza.  Literally walk out the door and walk into the Pantheon.   Nice clean room, and a nice rooftop bar to enjoy the city view after a long day of walking around.  Attached is the view from our room. 

7F0AAC61-B1BA-4F10-8CB4-D1516D666C79.jpeg

Edited by Littleone15
Added pic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can recommend Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology in the city center.  Gorgeous with impeccable service.  Many walkable attractions.

image.thumb.png.c5b343daa958c3eb04e4f35f9d6e48b7.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, floridababa said:

Will be on royal leaving g from Rome.  Looking for a hotel that is not far from city center.  No apartments nor B&B

Thanks

We have stayed at the Crowne Plaza twice. Away from the crowds, 3 miles from St. Peters and well priced with breakfast included.  They run several shuttles a day to St. Peters and to central Rome for a $5 round trip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pinebro said:

Albergo Senato our favorite too. 

 

Ditto.  Fantastic location within walking distance of almost every where we wanted to go, great service, decent breakfast and unbeatable views. 

 

We had a two bedroom suite:  07CEC9A2-981E-464D-BCA0-E2FB072F5E57.thumb.jpeg.714ea2075c9ac0dbcda8938c8996baeb.jpeg

 

They also have cute single rooms. 

 

View of The Pantheon from our room:4EE806E2-85F1-48AF-996C-AD5C4CBB341B.thumb.jpeg.a8de9278c44f6b38d69a0bc6cbe53fba.jpeg

 

After long, hot days of touring we especially appreciated the beautiful rooftop bar for snacks and pre-dinner drinks while enjoying the sunset:

 

80A17B56-7C64-46C7-AB4A-C9B4AEA18AF0.thumb.jpeg.99255796af7ad09fb7f4b22c1a57bd1b.jpeg508F0563-714E-4E9C-8FC6-D523623DD13C.thumb.jpeg.e1495e35222f5202f79b1735b03c16c7.jpeg2148DFA2-4F3B-40E1-974D-8723B527721E.thumb.jpeg.c1f6f92e9244431554ee25eec5552e83.jpeg

 

 

Edited by kccrzr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We stayed at a small hotel, right across from St Peter's, based on a recommendation from out TA.

From the Terrace, at night, you can see St Peter's all lit up, and they say you can see the Holy Father if you are there for a Sunday Angelus.  We were not there for that, but they were able to get us free,  last minute tickets to a Papal audience, held right up the street. Great location, if you plan on spending time at the Vatican, and St Peter's

 

Residenza Paolo VI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If planning on visiting the Vatican, we found Starhotel Micheleangelo to be conveniently located. Short walk to St. Peter’s Square with many local (and very affordable) restaurants along the way as well as shops. For great, authentic pizza, check out Pizza Zizza.

 

The hotel is small, but modern, with very comfortable rooms. Truly a great place to stay. 

EFF05B5B-2CBE-4FB2-97A8-D9F534544496.jpeg

Edited by Tapi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We stayed at the Hotel Forum last summer.   View of the Forum and within easy walking distance of a lot of sites. Beautiful old hotel with a rooftop bar/restaurant.  I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boutique Hotel Trevi. Steps from Trevi fountain and we walked to all of the major sites including The Vatican. We would get up early and have the entire fountain to ourselves. Nice Italian breakfast buffet and free WiFi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Littleone15 said:

We stayed at the Hotel Alberto del Senato. Absolutely wonderful stay.  Right beside the Pantheon in the Piazza.  Literally walk out the door and walk into the Pantheon.   Nice clean room, and a nice rooftop bar to enjoy the city view after a long day of walking around.  Attached is the view from our room. 

7F0AAC61-B1BA-4F10-8CB4-D1516D666C79.jpeg

I looked at that hotel once and the rate for a double room was over $350 US.  What did you pay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We loved our stay at Hotel Artimede located on Via Nazionale.  Close to Trevi Fountain. Great staff, wonderful roof top restaurant and an amazing breakfast buffet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kccrzr said:

 

Ditto.  Fantastic location within walking distance of almost every where we wanted to go, great service, decent breakfast and unbeatable views. 

 

We had a two bedroom suite:  07CEC9A2-981E-464D-BCA0-E2FB072F5E57.thumb.jpeg.714ea2075c9ac0dbcda8938c8996baeb.jpeg

 

They also have cute single rooms. 

 

View of The Pantheon from our room:4EE806E2-85F1-48AF-996C-AD5C4CBB341B.thumb.jpeg.a8de9278c44f6b38d69a0bc6cbe53fba.jpeg

 

After long, hot days of touring we especially appreciated the beautiful rooftop bar for snacks and pre-dinner drinks while enjoying the sunset:

 

80A17B56-7C64-46C7-AB4A-C9B4AEA18AF0.thumb.jpeg.99255796af7ad09fb7f4b22c1a57bd1b.jpeg508F0563-714E-4E9C-8FC6-D523623DD13C.thumb.jpeg.e1495e35222f5202f79b1735b03c16c7.jpeg2148DFA2-4F3B-40E1-974D-8723B527721E.thumb.jpeg.c1f6f92e9244431554ee25eec5552e83.jpeg

 

 

I see that you stayed in the 2 bedroom suite-  can I ask what configuration the bedding was?  We're travelling with our kids, 13 year old boy and 21 year old daughter, so they complain endlessly if they have to share a bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stayed in Trastevede, at Hotel Santa Maria.  It is beautiful converted convent.  The rooms all open to a central courtyard.  Breakfast is provided and it was substantial and delicious.  Trastevede is home to many wonderful restaurants and nightlife.  We walked to all the sights and it was an easy stroll to the Vatican.  We would stay there again for sure.

Edited by TinkBellaMom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GimmeAdventure! said:

I see that you stayed in the 2 bedroom suite-  can I ask what configuration the bedding was?  We're travelling with our kids, 13 year old boy and 21 year old daughter, so they complain endlessly if they have to share a bed.

 

We stayed in the Senior Suite. It had 1 Queen bed in a corner room with a view of The Pantheon and a single bed in another room overlooking the side street. 

 

Our youngest daughter stayed in the suite with us. Our oldest daughter, who joined us 2 days after we arrived, stayed in a separate single room. 

 

I actually initially reserved a different room for us but mentioned on the booking I wanted a view of the square/Pantheon. I received an email almost immediately suggesting the Senior Suite which was just what we needed.

 

I am not sure if there are any 4 person rooms. You might want to contact them via email to enquire or look into booking a single for your 21 y.o.  It was definitely nice to have the extra bathroom when everyone was getting ready to go out in the morning or to dinner in the evening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kccrzr said:

 

We stayed in the Senior Suite. It had 1 Queen bed in a corner room with a view of The Pantheon and a single bed in another room overlooking the side street. 

 

Our youngest daughter stayed in the suite with us. Our oldest daughter, who joined us 2 days after we arrived, stayed in a separate single room. 

 

I actually initially reserved a different room for us but mentioned on the booking I wanted a view of the square/Pantheon. I received an email almost immediately suggesting the Senior Suite which was just what we needed.

 

I am not sure if there are any 4 person rooms. You might want to contact them via email to enquire or look into booking a single for your 21 y.o.  It was definitely nice to have the extra bathroom when everyone was getting ready to go out in the morning or to dinner in the evening. 

Thanks for the info. I just booked a 2 twin room for my kids and a separate room for my husband and I. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...