voyager sydney to singapore repositioning april 2020

The_0neuk

anyone else booked on the above repositioning april 19th really concerned as to what's going to happen in light of coronavirus?

I cannot see it going to Singapore now, will the ship pull out of asia altogether? where's it going to go instead?

My final balance is due in a weeks time, at the moment I cannot book flights or accommodation as don't know if the ship will even go to Singapore...

31 minutes ago, The_0neuk said:

anyone else booked on the above repositioning april 19th really concerned as to what's going to happen in light of coronavirus?

You may want to ask this in the roll call thread for that sailing.

Edited by Biker19

It will depend over the next weeks. I gues that RCCL will pull out of China at least until the summer, hence more than one ship based in Singapore will be too much. Hence it's likely that we will see changes to Voyager which would be based most of the Summer from Hong Kong. Possibly they could reposition the ship to Japan and offer Japan / South Korea cruises. I doubt they will redeploy it to Europe though.

Since I will cruise out of Rome, I am hoping that RCCL might bring Quantum to Europe for the summer to replace Explorer and then have Spectrum take it's place temporarely out of Singapore and possibly this will make Voyager be based out of Japan for the summer.

It's likely that Royal will follow NCL. The Spirit will remain in Europe to avoid coronavirus which is a money loser.

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners:

On behalf of Norwegian Cruise Line, thank you very much for your loyalty and for making us your vacation of choice.

Due to growing concerns regarding Coronavirus in Asia, all Norwegian Spirit sailings from April 15, 2020 through December 7, 2020 operating in Asia have been canceled. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

2 hours ago, IrieBajan54 said:

It's likely that Royal will follow NCL. The Spirit will remain in Europe to avoid coronavirus which is a money loser.

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners:

On behalf of Norwegian Cruise Line, thank you very much for your loyalty and for making us your vacation of choice.

Due to growing concerns regarding Coronavirus in Asia, all Norwegian Spirit sailings from April 15, 2020 through December 7, 2020 operating in Asia have been canceled. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

That's interesting, RC are still selling their Asian cruises, including Hong Kong (we are looking for one around christmas time)