Senior Crew Currently Onboard

Zqueeze1

Hi, all. We are anxious to get onboard the Explorer on 2 Mar20. This will be our 11th Regent cruise and we still get as excited as our first one. Can anyone tell us who are the senior crew members onboard as well as CDs, and any notable/colorful staff members?  Always curious as to who in the crew we will run into.  For that matter, I would love to hear same about the other Regent vessels.  Thanks in advance. 
Z and TB

13 hours ago, slidebite said:

David Niven is scheduled to be cruise director on Explorer starting next weekend so he'll be calling Explorer home for the next several months.

David Nevin is an excellent CD and his own show is not to be missed - a very talented singer.

On 2/12/2020 at 5:23 PM, Camillus112 said:

Wasn't David Niven an actor, way back in the 1960's?  I remember a famous war movie...about a bridge...  Maybe the CD is his son 😁!!

I think you’re referring to “The Bridge on the River Kwai” staring Alec Guinness. 😉

Dave

4 hours ago, DaveFr said:

I think you’re referring to “The Bridge on the River Kwai” staring Alec Guinness. 😉

Dave

Correct!  My confusion.  I did remember a famous war movie, and I looked it up...The Guns of Navarone.  One of his best known films was Around the World in Eighty Days.  

On 2/9/2020 at 2:34 PM, Zqueeze1 said:

Hi, all. We are anxious to get onboard the Explorer on 2 Mar20. This will be our 11th Regent cruise and we still get as excited as our first one. Can anyone tell us who are the senior crew members onboard as well as CDs, and any notable/colorful staff members?  Always curious as to who in the crew we will run into.  For that matter, I would love to hear same about the other Regent vessels.  Thanks in advance. 
Z and TB

There were two crew members who were positively outstanding. Fillipo, the Maitre D at the Pool Grill during the day and at Sette Mari in the evening is an absolute gem (and charming too). Also, Cyrel, a beverage server who rotates between the Pool Grill, the Observation Lounge, and Compass Rose has an infectious smile that lights up the room and she went above and beyond for us many times. The best of the best! Where are you off to?  Wishing you a wonderful and safe trip.

26 minutes ago, kjbacon said:

There were two crew members who were positively outstanding. Fillipo, the Maitre D at the Pool Grill during the day and at Sette Mari in the evening is an absolute gem (and charming too). Also, Cyrel, a beverage server who rotates between the Pool Grill, the Observation Lounge, and Compass Rose has an infectious smile that lights up the room and she went above and beyond for us many times. The best of the best! Where are you off to?  Wishing you a wonderful and safe trip.

We are doing a western Carib cruise on the Explorer.  Nothing that special port-wise with the exception of being onboard the Explorer again. Although the Caribbean is figuratively our back yard, we are focusing on cruises closer to home and to save a few bucks so we can enjoy more elaborate Regent cruises upon retirement.  Only sixteen more days to go!

Z and TB

2 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

We are doing a western Carib cruise on the Explorer.  Nothing that special port-wise with the exception of being onboard the Explorer again. Although the Caribbean is figuratively our back yard, we are focusing on cruises closer to home and to save a few bucks so we can enjoy more elaborate Regent cruises upon retirement.  Only sixteen more days to go!

Z and TB

Z

We have several closer to home cruises booked, as well. We have been fortunate to complete most of our bucket list. Now we enjoy the ship and it’s amenities. It’s now our all inclusive vacation. 
For us, it’s all about the ship!

Sheila 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Z and TB

Good strategy! We did a western Caribbean a couple years back on Viking and thoroughly enjoyed it. That’s where we met our friends that were the other half of the recent Caribbean Reunion Tour! If you enjoy snorkeling, there are some great spots in the western Caribbean. I should have also mentioned Ross as a special staff member. Cocktail hour in the Observation Lounge listening to him play the piano was our favorite part of the day.

We are looking forward to snorkeling and kayaking on the beautiful Carib waters. Look for the two-person kayak with the front sticking out of the water.
We actually have two additional Carib cruises booked, both on the Splendor. We are also cruising on the Nav with our good friends Karen and John from Miami to NYC. These cruises take us to Dec 2021 and about three more work years before retiring. At that time, the Regent cruise bucket list will come out and we are out of here. 
Z and TB

12 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Z and TB

Hope that you both have a great cruise on Explorer.  As strange as this may sound, I wish that our cruise next month was on Explorer rather than Splendor (no - will not explain why until/unless we see "you'se":classic_biggrin:)

8 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We are booked on Splendor 2/15/2021. Caribbean. Are you on this one?

sheila

PS we are also one one 1/2022. 

We are the Splendor on 28Nov20 and 7 Dec21. In between we have the Nav in Apr 21 as well as our upcoming Explorer cruise. Shame we keep missing each other. 

8 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Hope that you both have a great cruise on Explorer.  As strange as this may sound, I wish that our cruise next month was on Explorer rather than Splendor (no - will not explain why until/unless we see "you'se":classic_biggrin:)

I think you are on a historically significant cruise with over 50 CC members onboard. However, I’m just an email away if you need to talk/vent/chat. 
Z and TB

4 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

We are the Splendor on 28Nov20 and 7 Dec21. In between we have the Nav in Apr 21 as well as our upcoming Explorer cruise. Shame we keep missing each other. 

Ah, we are on both cruises, TA’s, just before you. As we disembark,  you embark. Will wave to you!

sheila

• Like 1