Problem receiving notifications

39 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

At about 2:30 PM Pacific on Monday, May 18, 2020, email notifications for subscribed threads restarted.

Thanks to CC folks!

Same...I have first one at 3:13pm.  Not sure they are all coming in, but I do have some CC emails. now. Yah.

Only thing I noticed though is that if I select ht "Go to this Post" button, it brings me to the main CC forum page instead of the actual post, but I'll take it.  

Also, cc responded to my email earlier, which I really appreciated. 

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Was receiving them last night and this morning, but it seems they are not coming through again.  Nothing since 7:30 am, even after visiting the threads and seeing new things posted.

Same here.  Last one I received was this morning at 5:38 Pacific time.  Then nothing.

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Was receiving them last night and this morning, but it seems they are not coming through again.  Nothing since 7:30 am, even after visiting the threads and seeing new things posted.

4 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Same here.  Last one I received was this morning at 5:38 Pacific time.  Then nothing.

7 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Thanks all - Notification emails should be restored.  If you are not receiving them now, there may be something else going on 🙂  Email us if so

Did you email Jenn, as requested, at help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record & mention your user name?

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!

23 minutes ago, Host Kat said:

Did you email Jenn, as requested, at help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record & mention your user name?

Yes I have.  Thanks for the reminder.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Host Kat said:

Did you email Jenn, as requested, at help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record &

Yes I did, and I got the email saying they were aware of the problem.  They started again, then stopped

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Yes I did, and I got the email saying they were aware of the problem.  They started again, then stopped

Mark,

Hang in there! I feel sure Jenn & the Tech Team will take care of the problem as soon as they possibly can.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Still nothing here.....

Does your little blue Notifications bell indicate when you get a notification even if you do not receive a notification email? It is up towards the top right over by your user name and above the Search bubble.

If so, clicking the bell will give you your list of notifications. You can then click the items there & that will take you to the indicated thread.  Capture.PNG.57053f6662569d5f6ee8a9d0828b4e1d.PNG

That's what I do and then I don't have to mess with a bunch of emails fillin' up my In Box.

I am not sure if this is still related to trying to receive emails.  I receive nothing during the day, but receive all of them between midnight and 7 am.  None of them are in order.  It does show a time they were supposedly sent. 

This is a partial list that shows the sent time, and the time received by my email server.  There were even instances of some that were sent more than 24 hours prior. 

10:30am - 12:41am

10:28am - 12:45am

5:31pm - 12:47am

2:57pm - 12:58am

11:51am - 1:00am

2:02pm - 1:02am

1:04am - 1:04am

7:37pm - 1:06am

Anyone else having this problem?  Suggestions?   I may try unfollowing, then following again. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

I am not receiving notifications - is anyone else having the same problem? 

It was working fine up until a few days ago

Howdy @Stickman1990 emo22.gif

Did you check out the information in post #13 on the first page of this thread? Hopefully something there will be helpful! emo34.gif 

Also, please note Jenn's post #27 above.

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Mine stopped again on June 10th.  I give up.

Don't give up just yet.

i had this issue months ago and once before -years ago.

it turned out that AT&T was trashing them as bulk spam and once CC's Mail handler got the book nice backs, it stopped sending them. On both occasions I brought it to the attention of the CC help folks and apparently there were enough of us that CC's mail handler and/or AT&T did something. In any case, I'm getting the notifications regularly now.

Thanks for the pep talk.  This is the third time since October.  I have added the CC addresses to my address book,  changed my CC email address, printed new travel cards with the new email address.  Let's just say, I'm skeptical.  

At this time we are having an email provider issue. The issue appears to be limited to hotmail/outlook/yahoo accounts that use a shared email blocklist. We have a ticket in with our email provider who are currently working on the concern and hope to have it resolved soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1