Panama Canal Itineraries for 2021/2022?

Bostonjetset

Any NCL regulars have an idea when the Panama Canal trips will be released for sale?  The NCL website only lists PC through April 2021 and even that month is only one trip. We sail with a variety of lines but I have an NCL CruiseNext certificate that I'd like to use and my travel plans are already set for 2020 and early 2021. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

39 minutes ago, Trimone said:

From this week I believe The Panama Canal is going into special measures, the lake is running low on water, and the lock charges are being increased, NCL and other cruise lines are possibly accessing this.

That makes a bit of sense.  HAL only has theirs listed through April 2021 as well but at least they have some partials.  I don't think an ocean-to-ocean is in the cards for next year so I was hoping at least for a partial and NCL has nothing listed yet.  Hopefully some itineraries get posted within the next couple months.  Thanks for the info.

While no doubt the little price hike in the tolls was noted by the cruise lines as well as other shippers.  The amount of tolls that the cruise lines fork over, the "Fresh Water Surcharge" is more of a nuisance charge and really won't impact their decision to transit the Canal significantly.  The real purpose for the surcharge is to discourage smaller vessels from using the Canal as much.  A vessel uses the same amount of water to transit the Canal regardless if it is a row boat or a battleship.  So the initial $10,000 flat fee will certainly impact the smaller ships more than the larger vessels such as a passenger ship.  There is another portion of the surcharge that can float (pun intended) between 1 and 10% of the toll paid and depending on the level of Gatun Lake.

2 minutes ago, vegas4ever said:

They don't offer Panamacanal year round. Even for 2020, there are only offers through Mai and then they again October and November.  

Thanks. I didn't even think of that.  However, hopefully they will post the April and May sailings soon.