Back from Jewel - New screening / hygiene policies

compman9

None

Just two hand sanitisers in the windjammer and the usual one in the usual places.

Ship was no cleaner than usual.

Diabetes needles in my cabin drawer so certainly extra deep clean as was promised.

Several Asian passengers, including two from Singapore who told me they weren't asked anything additional to usual. usual cosmopolitan make-up of passengers, travelling in from all over the world.

No related extra cleaning or hygiene announcements.

Plane back to UK from Dubai, ditto.

Governments, holiday industry folk are talking a good game, but . . .

• Like 2

Really surprised at this. We are due to board this time next week after cancelling a cruise from Singapore. Bringing plenty of wipes, hand sanitiser and even some masks (that we had bought for Asia)😀

6 hours ago, kernow said:

Really surprised at this. We are due to board this time next week after cancelling a cruise from Singapore. Bringing plenty of wipes, hand sanitiser and even some masks (that we had bought for Asia)😀

I spoke to a nurse today that I am friends with and she said that the biggest thing they have heard (travel related) is to sanitize the airplane area where you are seated.  She do not put anything in the seat pocket, wipe down the tray and arm rests and the seat if it isn't cloth and wipe down the overhead bin where you are storing your luggage if you are able.  I told her that we planned to take wipes for the cabin also and she said that was a good idea for commonly touch things like the remote and handles, etc. I think Royal does a good job cleaning but I will extra cautious this time around.

34 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

I spoke to a nurse today that I am friends with and she said that the biggest thing they have heard (travel related) is to sanitize the airplane area where you are seated.  She do not put anything in the seat pocket, wipe down the tray and arm rests and the seat if it isn't cloth and wipe down the overhead bin where you are storing your luggage if you are able.  I told her that we planned to take wipes for the cabin also and she said that was a good idea for commonly touch things like the remote and handles, etc. I think Royal does a good job cleaning but I will extra cautious this time around.

Yes, I agree this makes sense. I've already got a pack of wipes for the plane and will use them before we sit down, will do the same in the hotel room and the cabin. We're normally careful but not obsessive, this time we will be!

• Like 1

Can’t believe RCCL don’t seem to have upped their game based on Compman9’s post and first hand experience on the ship just this week?

To be fair, standards of cleanliness in my experience with RC have always been high, but let’s hope that the numerous emails they’ve been sending to future cruisers recently as way of reassurance on how serious they are on the Coronavirus have not been sent just to avoid possible cancellations which so many are talking about currently on the boards.

No-one wants to end up in that horrendous situation passengers are experiencing on the Diamond Princess in Yokohama .......