$50 bonus excursion credit on top of whatever perk you choose

fstuff1

Some cruises now have $50 bonus excursion credit per cabin.

so if you pick the $50 excursion credit as your perk, you get $100 off per port if solo.

im guessing ncl is having problems filling up excursions as more and more people are doing 3rd party?

A few months back they were offering the $50 excursion bonus instead of free/reduced air fare, so probably not any particular reason, just the marketing flavor of the month.  But the $50 excursion credit for sailaway is something I've not seen before.

Well, NCL has the highest excursion prices by far and even the $50 credit doesn’t bring them in line to what other cruise lines charge for similar tours and still way higher that private. Hopefully most people know this thus putting NCL on notice . What NCL has done with cruise pricing over the last month or two would have me on the brakes booking anything with them at this moment in time. Their pricing has turned up very high ....my cruises booked are up 30% now and no $50 excursion credit is going to sway me to book any more cruises with them at this time. That $50 per port doesn’t offset the $1600 price hike. Too bad new cruise bookers didn’t know this at this moment ......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Some cruises now have $50 bonus excursion credit per cabin.

so if you pick the $50 excursion credit as your perk, you get $100 off per port if solo.

im guessing ncl is having problems filling up excursions as more and more people are doing 3rd party?

Haven't seen this since the old distinctive voyages promotion. Back in 2018, I ended up stacking the $50 free at sea with the $50 distinctive voyage promotion on a 10 port 14 day canal cruise roundtrip from Florida. After latitudes discount, excursions were free.

Edited by blcruising
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, blcruising said:

Haven't seen this since the old distinctive voyages promotion. Back in 2018, I ended up stacking the $50 free at sea with the $50 distinctive voyage promotion on a 10 port 14 day canal cruise roundtrip from Florida. After latitudes discount, excursions were free.

Reading the Terms and Conditions, it looks as if they might be more restrictive with the "new" Excursion Credits.

We certainly enjoyed the savings we received with Platinum Plus, ShorEx Credits, and Distinctive Voyage Shorex Credits all combined!  Not everything was "free," but DH and I did Ship Excursions at every port on our last cruise.

...Typically, we would have just gone on our own at several ports.

6 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

So I am a little confused with this credit. Is it 50 per port on the sailaway cabins or a one time 50?  And if only offered on sailaway, how would you stack it?

You wouldn't be able to stack it on a sailaway cabin, since you wouldn't be entitled to a free at sea perk.

8 hours ago, blcruising said:

You wouldn't be able to stack it on a sailaway cabin, since you wouldn't be entitled to a free at sea perk.

hm.. i now understand that this $50 excursion bonus offer is only for sail away cabins.

maybe ncl figured out that people who book sail away are more savvy and tend to book 3rd party vendors.

thus ncl is trying to get some of that $ with this promo?

Edited by fstuff1

1 minute ago, fstuff1 said:

hm.. i now understand that this $50 excursion bonus offer is only for sail away cabins.

maybe ncl figured out that people who book sail away are more savvy and tend to book 3rd party vendors.

thus ncl is trying to get some of that $ with this promo?

Yes, I believe so. It is at least worth a look, especially on longer, more port intensive cruises. I've coupled the old distinctive voyages $50 with a free at sea $50 on a few solo trips....one British Isles and one Panama Canal. Plus, they let me stack a latitudes discount on top. Excursions were very good and had assurance I'd get back to the ship. The discount covered all the excursions except for one or two where I went out of pocket $10 or so. I'd consider their excursions more often but it doesn't make sense to me to pay $99 when the same tour is offered shoreside for $49.