"GROUP LIVE" Crown Princess 2/15-2/25 Southern Caribbean Voyager

CineGraphic

Thanks to #CruiseVA, for hosting a group live when we sailed together last July, and for putting the bug in my ear to start one for this sailing.

This will be the 2nd time we've sailed on the Crown, and as you know, she is currently experiencing generator problems, which is affecting itineraries. We will no longer stop at Princess Cays, and our arrival/departure times for the other ports have all been slightly adjusted. Due to this, Princess is giving everyone $75 OBC.

Our suitcases came out of the closet a few weeks ago, and we packed most of the basics yesterday. We just have to toss in our toiletries and meds before we go.

Our roll call (linked below) started in June 2018, and is a nice mix for first time cruisers and Princess loyalists, with some staying on for 30 days or more.

We will not have a meet & greet, as nobody volunteered to organize one. We will, however, have a group slot pull on the 17th, with close to 50 participants, which should be fun.

Anyone on board is more than welcome to join in the conversation.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

We will be following you and boarding on the 25th for 30 days. No notification yet about missing any ports or itinerary time changes, although I am expecting it.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. Your itinerary is bound to change.

There is a bit of bad information on at least two other sites in which someone on board in late January swears that a new generator was loaded on board and has already been installed. Nobody has been able to confirm it, and our itinerary is still modified. If this repair is just like the one the Caribbean Princess had last summer, it will be a while before they will be able to get things in order.

• Like 2

This morning, I placed an order with Total Wine on their app, for 5 bottles of vino, which I'll pick up on our way from the airport to the port. All reds....France, Spain, Portugal, and Italy are all represented.

Our next 3 cruises all have the beverage package, a first for us, so I won't have to schlep as much in the future.

We are flying in the day of.....taking the first Southwest flight of the morning, out of Atlanta. If we can't make it there in time, something's awfully wrong.

T - minus 4 days and counting.....

599635196_Screenshot2020-02-11at7_20_55AM.thumb.png.f01719316f9f3985b5eebfe36ad18da5.png

Edited by CineGraphic

I don't know about you, but the pre-cruise excitement has peaked for Pam and I.

I just wish we could wake-up and it would Saturday already.

Dinner for the next two days will be interesting, as I don't want to leave much of anything in the fridge while we're gone.

I love to cook, but not having to cook for 10 days will be a welcomed treat. Friday will probably end up being carry-out.

For those of you heading down a few days early, I wish you safe travels.

788569128_Screenshot2020-02-12at9_01_10AM.thumb.png.35a563f2cbe1d04768f41b00b29a5744.png

Edited by CineGraphic

On 2/11/2020 at 12:40 PM, paul929207 said:

We have been on the ship for over two weeks. Boarded January 26 and will get off arch 6. Weather has been great. Highs in low to mid 80's. only rain was this morning in Dominica.

Did they have a luncheon or cocktail party for the MT function?

21 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Whoops!

That's the Caribbean Princess, returning early due to a noro outbreak.

We're all sailing on the Crown Princess.

Whoops is right!  

I got carried away after discovering another live from thread, that I misread the ship name. 

I'll still be following along!  😎

BTW, where is that beach in your 1st post at the top?