flossie009

On 2/13/2020 at 8:05 PM, flossie009 said:

Below is what we see on the Regent UK website for the March 01 cruise:

1437060662_HKtoTokyo.thumb.jpg.375e1c899053a26f02a769b6e53626e3.jpg

Although the map is correct there are still the following confusing errors:

• Title should read "Manila to Tokyo"
  • Itinerary still lists Hong Kong and Taipei, but does not list Salomague
  • Featured Offer still includes a 3 night pre-cruise in Hong Kong

................ and still the same this morning. Very disappointed that Regent cannot keep its information up-to-date - doesn't inspire confidence.

Reviewing the roll call there still seems to be disparity over what level of compensation Regent is offering for those booked on the March 01 cruise who choose to cancel.

At least other cruise lines, such as Crystal, use their regular website updates to clarify their customers' options. Regent is less transparent.

• Like 1

Perhaps we shouldn't be so worried about the Coronavirus.  Keeping things in perspective, thus far this year there have been 26 Million cases of flu in the US and 331 Million have died from it.  That's an 8% death rate.  In China thus far, there have been 74,185 cases of Coronavirus and to date 2,004 have died.  That's a death rate of less than 3%.

39 minutes ago, journeyfan said:

Perhaps we shouldn't be so worried about the Coronavirus.  Keeping things in perspective, thus far this year there have been 26 Million cases of flu in the US and 331 Million have died from it.  That's an 8% death rate. 

I think you have something amiss with your figures.

Death rate from flu in the US appears to be less than 0.15% most years according to CDC

9 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

I think you have something amiss with your figures.

Death rate from flu in the US appears to be less than 0.15% most years according to CDC

Dah!  You are right.  I don't know what I was reading.  I googled "usa flu cases this year" and that's what turned up but I've not been able to find it again.  I do remember, though, that the article I was reading claimed they got their information from the CDC.  Sorry.

• Thanks 1

We had booked back to back cruises starting on  the March 1 cruise that was supposed to start in Hong Kong (now Manila) .  We cancelled and Regent allowed us to apply the money towards another cruise.  Why go on a vacation when things will be so difficult?  Even if we are allowed to dock at a port (and maybe be allowed to disembark) just getting back on the ship and going thru all the inspections and fear is not my idea of relaxation!  No trip is worth that.  Thanks Regent for stepping up to the plate and allowing loyal clients an option!  Hopefully for those electing to brave it and go, I wish you good health and good luck!

I just saw this posted on the Voyager Roll Call

•   nciSteve
    • Cool Cruiser
    • September 8, 2018
    •  
    • 6 posts
    • California

We just received the official cancellation letter from Regent for both the March 13 sailing from Tokyo and the March 27 sailing from Bangkok. I am a little disappointed but very glad the Regent stepped up and cancelled these cruises.

So far it appears that Regent have cancelled the following Voyager cruises:

• March 01: Manila to Tokyo
  • March 13: Tokyo to Bangkok
  • March 27: Bangkok to Abu Dhabi

Very disappointing for guests; loss of income for crew; loss of tourism in many ports; financial hit for the cruise line. So sad all round.

7 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Very disappointing for guests; loss of income for crew; loss of tourism in many ports; financial hit for the cruise line. So sad all round.

Agreed.  I don't understand why the last one had to be cancelled unless Regent is going to get the ship out of Asia sooner rather than later.  Maybe they can create a novel Dubai - Dubai round trip at some point.

Any word on where and when the current trip will end?

Marc

Edited by mrlevin

28 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Very happy that Regent stepped up and made this much needed change!

2 hours ago, crusin7 said:

I just saw this posted on the Voyager Roll Call

•  
  •   nciSteve
    • Cool Cruiser
    •  
    • September 8, 2018
    •  
    • 6 posts
    • California

We just received the official cancellation letter from Regent for both the March 13 sailing from Tokyo and the March 27 sailing from Bangkok. I am a little disappointed but very glad the Regent stepped up and cancelled these cruises.

Agree with you 100%

• Like 1

Voyager is finishing in Manila where ALL passengers will disembark March 1st.  We are currently in the port of Laem Chabang, Thailand where we will now stay overnight instead of sailing to Cambodia as Cambodia and Vietnam are now off the itinerary, being replaced with two ports in Malaysia...