Expedited Boarding question

denamo

Recently checked in for an upcoming cruise through the Royal Caribbean app and received "Expedited "boarding. Did the passport scan and picture. Received the same for boarding on a recent Allure cruise.

Is "Expedited" boarding related to one's loyalty level? Asking because a person in our group checked in and didn't get it.

3 minutes ago, denamo said:

Is Expedited Boarding designation more likely for those who check-in through the app rather than online?

I think so because it requires a scan/picture of the passport.

Everything else being the same, if you manually enter the passport data via the app, no expedited boarding.

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 3

We're 90 days out from our May 15 cruise and online check in is opened, but when I check the app it says it opens March 11th. Why the difference?   Does anyone know if I check in online does that mean I can't use the app later?  Do I only get to choose one or the other?  28 cruises and this is the first time I've had the opportunity to hopefully get expedited arrival (Cape Liberty on Adventure).

We had expedited boarding last month for our Anthem cruise. There was a separate line and as you walk through you look at the facial recognition and the check in person said “welcome Susan” before I reached her because she could see my information on her iPad. She took my passport to scan, although I had already scanned it, and we were done. Walked through the separate security line, right there, and continued on to sit in our area to wait for boarding, which started at 10:45 am.  Uploaded a photo when I checked in using the app. Very easy to do on my iPhone. 

Edited by Croozin Soozin
  • Thanks 1

I checked in online. After reading this, I went to the app and choose to edit my check in. Once I scanned passport and added a picture, my set sail pass and that if my mom changed to expedited. However, the detail pass did  not change for my minor children. In addition, when I go to edit checkin now, it shows my check in and my mother's as completed, but for my children it says in progress. Anyone have any ideas?

21 hours ago, BND said:

We're 90 days out from our May 15 cruise and online check in is opened, but when I check the app it says it opens March 11th. Why the difference?   Does anyone know if I check in online does that mean I can't use the app later?  Do I only get to choose one or the other?  28 cruises and this is the first time I've had the opportunity to hopefully get expedited arrival (Cape Liberty on Adventure).

My cruises did the same thing. It's no problem to add photo and scan passport on app when it opens to give you an "expedited" boarding. 

I just reprinted my boarding pass so it says expedited. I like having a paper back up.