Parking at Miami Cruiseport

felton183

I am sure this has been addressed but felt the need to ask again.  Cruising on Oasis 3/29 out of Miami and would like to park at the garage closest to the ship.  My sister went on website for the port and it said only 10 spaces left for that cruise date.  I thought you could not make a reservation to park at the garage and that there is plenty of space for anybody that needs it.  We have a 12:30 embarkation time and I think maybe we should arrive earlier just to be sure we get a space.  Am I getting to anxious or will the parking at the port be available.  We need a handicap space if that is possible too.  Thanks

Oasis docks at terminal A that has its own dedicated parking garage. 

You don't have to follow the check in time, it is merely a suggestion.

When approaching the terminal stay to the left and go up the ramp to the parking garage, do not stay down below to drop luggage off, it’s a zoo down there.  You will enter the garage and be able to drop your luggage off by the elevator then proceed and park your car.  Great system. 

6 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

On December 1 the garage was packed by 11:00. We got one of the last few spaces on the top deck just before the uncovered area. I suggest arriving early.

I'm curious about this as well....were they still disembarking? Could be some were from the cruise prior?

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

When approaching the terminal stay to the left and go up the ramp to the parking garage, do not stay down below to drop luggage off, it’s a zoo down there.  You will enter the garage and be able to drop your luggage off by the elevator then proceed and park your car.  Great system. 

Are there porters up there to take the luggage or do we have to take it all down the elevator to get it checked? Just asking as we are small group with elderly that will not be able to help, so could be a struggle and multiple trips

11 minutes ago, JeffKoz said:

I'm curious about this as well....were they still disembarking? Could be some were from the cruise prior?

I just looked up parking info to see if any reference to overflow (there isn't) and noticed up to $25/day.  Wow.

12 minutes ago, JeffKoz said:

Are there porters up there to take the luggage or do we have to take it all down the elevator to get it checked? Just asking as we are small group with elderly that will not be able to help, so could be a struggle and multiple trips

Just go ahead and drop-off your check-in luggage and then go and park your car. If you have a close parking garage you can walk to the terminal and if you get a further away garage they have shuttle buses that can bring you to the cruise terminal where you will sail out of. You did however mention cruising with older ones. If that is the case I can tell you from previous experience that if you want a handicapped space they go very fast.

Edited by GEORGIEGIRL

14 minutes ago, JeffKoz said:

Porters are there waiting.  You leave it with them, they take it when their large cart is full 

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Porters are there waiting.  You leave it with them, they take it when their large cart is full 

Thanks....i just read the same on another thread in the port of call board saying porters will stop us as we pull in on level 2 more than likely. The poster was quite impressed with the ease of parking. I"m used Tampa and Port Canaveral, but have never driven into Miami before

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks, great information and it cleared up a question I had.  We'll be there March 8, first time in Miami.

• Like 1

As has been mentioned, the assigned embarkation time is a "suggestion" not a requirement.

If you need handicap-accessible parking, I recommend arriving around 11am.  By 1pm, it's all gone.  (We ended up parking in a "green vehicles only" spot -- there were twice as many of those as there were accessible spots, and they were all empty while the accessibles were all full.)

You pull into the parking structure, you go up a level and there are porters there by the elevator -- drop off your luggage to them, then go find a parking spot.

Have fun!

On 2/10/2020 at 11:22 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Arrive early to ensure you get parking. The traffic around Terminal A is a mess. Partly because RCCL never quite got the traffic flow right. Partly because NCL is building a new terminal right next door and the construction is messing things up. And partly because between RCCL and NCL, over 11,000 passengers are disembarking and 11,000 new passengers are embarking between Terminal A (RCCL) and Terminal B/C (NCL) on both Saturday and Sunday. (And the Royal terminal is the furthest in, so you have to navigate through the NCL congestion to get to the Royal terminal). 

21 hours ago, mjminjax said:

Anybody know, for Terminal G departures, if porters would be in Garage G, or would it be best there to drop luggage at the curb before parking?

Leaving in 9 days - thanks!

Terminal G you drop off luggage in front of the terminal and go to the parking garage.  

Edited by later

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Arrive early to ensure you get parking. The traffic around Terminal A is a mess. Partly because RCCL never quite got the traffic flow right. Partly because NCL is building a new terminal right next door and the construction is messing things up. And partly because between RCCL and NCL, over 11,000 passengers are disembarking and 11,000 new passengers are embarking between Terminal A (RCCL) and Terminal B/C (NCL) on both Saturday and Sunday. (And the Royal terminal is the furthest in, so you have to navigate through the NCL congestion to get to the Royal terminal). 

Ooh, thanks for the tip. Now I 'll know not to go all road rage trying to get into the terminal on Saturday.:classic_wink: