Jewel Diamond Lounge

compman9

So, now the Diamond Plusses have been chucked out of the Concierge Lounge the overload in the Diamond Lounge meant that several times in the evening drinks period there were no seats available

Meanwhile in the tiny Diamond lounge itself there were four of five chairs crammed in around far too few tables

The mad thing was half the Vortex was roped off, but Anis said he was not allowed the whole bar because the other passengers had to have access - Even though the bar was shut!!!

My observation isn't just that whoever makes the decisions has it wrong on the Jewel, but with so many Diamond Plusses and Diamonds in one lounge is just going to create additional over-crowding on all ships

I can understand your frustration, but why would you want to relax in such a crowded environment. 

You are not required to utilize the lounge for a drink. The cruise line has made it very convenient for you to use your vouchers and get a few drinks anywhere on the ship. 

enjoy

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I can understand your frustration, but why would you want to relax in such a crowded environment. 

You are not required to utilize the lounge for a drink. The cruise line has made it very convenient for you to use your vouchers and get a few drinks anywhere on the ship. 

enjoy

m

I was not expressing my frustration - In fact it did not affect me. I was merely reporting what happened and alerting others to what they may find in future

At times there were up to 12 people standing, waiting for a chair

Try reading my post again

Sorry.  You mentioned the tiny lounge, no seats, overload, crammed chairs, not enough tables, adjacent bar closed, adjacent area roped off, bad decision making regarding Jewel and finally diamond and diamond plus may create overcrowding on all ships. 

I didn’t realize it was simply informational. 

Thanks for the heads up. I was alerting others they can avoid the issues you observed by using one of the generous evening drink vouchers. We make plans to meet others in a common bar, get terrific service, no huge crowds and everyone gets a seat. 

Enjoy future cruises. 

m

• Like 1

I'm glad the Diamond +s have been moved out of the Concierge Lounge.  Makes sense that it should be for suites only but I agree that the Diamond Lounge on the Jewel is just way too small.  A few nights, we noticed they had opened up the wall so that it was a bigger area.  Maybe they should do that all the time and the other passengers can go to a different bar. 
Glad to hear Anis is still there.  We had him in the Concierge Lounge when we were on.

1 hour ago, compman9 said:

I was not expressing my frustration - In fact it did not affect me. I was merely reporting what happened and alerting others to what they may find in future

At times there were up to 12 people standing, waiting for a chair

Try reading my post again

Less and less CL's anyway

9 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Sorry.  You mentioned the tiny lounge, no seats, overload, crammed chairs, not enough tables, adjacent bar closed, adjacent area roped off, bad decision making regarding Jewel and finally diamond and diamond plus may create overcrowding on all ships. 

I didn’t realize it was simply informational. 

Thanks for the heads up. I was alerting others they can avoid the issues you observed by using one of the generous evening drink vouchers. We make plans to meet others in a common bar, get terrific service, no huge crowds and everyone gets a seat. 

Enjoy future cruises. 

m

Correct, I reported the facts as they were last week - Around 220 Diamonds and around 210 Diamond Plusses

You made a snarky comment and have added an opinion that three drinks vouchers are generous. They may be, they may not be, but it is an opinion

I find it remarkable that people feel so loyal to a multi-billion pound profiteering company as if it were a family member yet overlook the name of this website

And thanks, I enjoy all my cruises

On Radiance now and in the evening we are all down in the Colony Club.  And yes you can use your drinks elsewhere but the nibbles are only in the lounge.

Btw as D+ I do object to being kicked out of the CL. I remember when we made D and the D lounge had no nibbles.   Oh well.