Bon Voyage to all Cruise Critic Members on Majestic Princess, 12 Feb.

NSWP

Many of you mob are embarking Majestic Princess tomorrow, enroute to several ports with eventual destination for many being Singapore.  As some of you know we were on it too, but had to cancel due to my wife's terminal illness.  Our thoughts are with you and might I wish you all a bon voyage and safe journey.  I will be watching that bridgecam !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, NSWP said:

Many of you mob are embarking Majestic Princess tomorrow, enroute to several ports with eventual destination for many being Singapore.  As some of you know we were on it too, but had to cancel due to my wife's terminal illness.  Our thoughts are with you and might I wish you all a bon voyage and safe journey.  I will be watching that bridgecam !!

Thank you kindly Uncle Les. Wishing you could have joined us on this one.

9 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

Yep, we were booked on this lovely voyage but cancelled to go on the Sapphire Princess out of Singapore departing on the 1st March - dumb move that one! 😞 

Hope everyone has a great cruise and ‘stay well’.

Cheers, a shame circumstances have turned out that way for you.

18 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Cheers, a shame circumstances have turned out that way for you.

Oh well, as they say ‘it is what it is’........

We are now not cruising until the end of the year (short one out of Melb) but have a couple of Aussie land trips to look forward too.

Would love if they relocated the Sapphire down to us and got her out of Asia, while all this is going on, time will tell I guess.

Enjoy the Majestic. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

Oh well, as they say ‘it is what it is’........

We are now not cruising until the end of the year (short one out of Melb) but have a couple of Aussie land trips to look forward too.

Would love if they relocated the Sapphire down to us and got her out of Asia, while all this is going on, time will tell I guess.

Enjoy the Majestic. 🙂 

Isn't the Sapphire going to Freo for the winter now, escaping the Asian region.

I notice you guys are arriving into Melbourne on Sunday at 0800, rather later than the usual 0630 ish arrival.

Had to notice as I am playing chauffeur   😎

Is this arrival time due to .......

• it not being a turnaround day

• the tides

• the number of celebrity CC guests on board

Any other wild guesses ..........

Did you leave around 10pm Chez? 
Round 9pm I think Les, we were still at dinner as we pulled away.
Seas are so calm, overcast and cloudy but pretty flat seas.
Andy went and got tea/coffee from buffet early this morn, we dont eat until midday, so had another coffee at Ler Mer with an ocean view and the Piazza was getting busy with all the stuff they have there.
Did a bit of trivia at 10.15am.
Brunch/lunch in buffet which was very quiet at 11.30am.
Wandered up to the Hollywood pool and had a spa then sat on big chairs and read with a huge ocean view.

Back in cabin now for showers and drinks and maybe a movie.
Elite lounge drinks tonight.....we didnt make it last night, the show at 7.15pm, dinner at 8pm, a comedian at 10pm and that is us for tonight haha!

Hobart tomorrow, we have hired a car, forcast is rain and about 23c.

Bye for now from the Majestic.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Round 9pm I think Les, we were still at dinner as we pulled away.
Seas are so calm, overcast and cloudy but pretty flat seas.
Andy went and got tea/coffee from buffet early this morn, we dont eat until midday, so had another coffee at Ler Mer with an ocean view and the Piazza was getting busy with all the stuff they have there.
Did a bit of trivia at 10.15am.
Brunch/lunch in buffet which was very quiet at 11.30am.
Wandered up to the Hollywood pool and had a spa then sat on big chairs and read with a huge ocean view.

Back in cabin now for showers and drinks and maybe a movie.
Elite lounge drinks tonight.....we didnt make it last night, the show at 7.15pm, dinner at 8pm, a comedian at 10pm and that is us for tonight haha!

Hobart tomorrow, we have hired a car, forcast is rain and about 23c.

Bye for now from the Majestic.

Sounds just perfect, enjoy!! 😊🚢

I doubt passengers would have thought it was possible that the cruise would finish in Perth.  Is the cruise line paying for passengers to fly home from Perth?  Most would have return flights booked from Singapore on overseas carriers. 
Actually most of the passengers I know had doubts they would get to Singapore.
It was discussed on our rollcall prior to leaving that some preffered to end in Freemantle.
Not sure what payments have been offered, we did not get the letter in our cabin as we disembark this morning.
Captain asked everyone to take their time to make decisions before heading to passenger services.
We were having dinner when he made this announcement, those in the theatre said he came on midsong haha!
Staff have known something was going on and some had said to us that they were not sure the ship would get to Singapore.
We were told a couple of times last night that passengers will be disembarked in Freemantle and the ship will sail empty to Singapore for drydock.....but that may change as time goes by, will have to see where it ends up.