Bon Voyage to all Cruise Critic Members on Majestic Princess, 12 Feb.

NSWP

8 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Actually most of the passengers I know had doubts they would get to Singapore.
It was discussed on our rollcall prior to leaving that some preffered to end in Freemantle.
Not sure what payments have been offered, we did not get the letter in our cabin as we disembark this morning.
Captain asked everyone to take their time to make decisions before heading to passenger services.
We were having dinner when he made this announcement, those in the theatre said he came on midsong haha!
Staff have known something was going on and some had said to us that they were not sure the ship would get to Singapore.
We were told a couple of times last night that passengers will be disembarked in Freemantle and the ship will sail empty to Singapore for drydock.....but that may change as time goes by, will have to see where it ends up.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Interesting that passengers had doubts re destination.  Staff  are often first to suspect something is going on.  Difficult times for the cruise industry.  Guess you heard that a passenger from Westerdam was diagnosed with the virus in Malaysia en route home (announced by Malaysian Health Ministry.  scmp.com).

You must be glad you are disembarking this morning.  Have a safe trip home. 

Chez, thanks for posting, good luck to all pax still on board to Adelaide and Freo, there endeth the cruise.

I have thought for the past couple of weeks that Singapore was doubtful, either Singapore does not want the ships or Carnival does not want to send them there, like QM2 was diverted from there to Freo.

We are off the ship awaiting our flight to Sydney. 

Those that were booked to Singapore and now disembarking Freemantle have been offered 50% refund of their cruise. 

Majestic will stay docked in Freemantle for a couple of nights to be used like a hotel to give people time to sort their flight etc. 

Singapore has not refused entry to Princess, the ship will still go to drydock with staff. Staff that were at end of contract and heading home during drydock maybe able to negotiate to leave from Freemantle. 

It was Princess decision not to take passengers all the way to Asia due too uncertainty. 

To be honest, we did not see any angry passengers, no line up at guest services, I think it was expected that there would be changes. 

We caught up with a staff member from many years ago..... so good to see him! 

He filled us in, he is staying on for drydock and they are all being trained for medallion. 

Also, ship staff are all in contact with those on Diamond and giving support. 

It has been an experience these last 4 days, doesn't seem like last week we were on Ruby! 

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I know it was only 4 days Chez, but were you happy with everything on the ship ?  I have been on Royal Princess, but not Majestic.

Hi Les, yes, 4 days but we have spent 3 weeks on Majestic back in 2018, so not much has changed. Did the 4 days as it worked in with our 3 dayer on Ruby.

I think coming off the Ruby made us realise the lack of places on Majestic we love.......having the choice of Explorers lounge, Club Fusion, Wheelhouse bar, Skywalkers, Crooners etc ,hardly any entertainment in the Piazza because of these places makes the Ruby class ship more appealing to us.

There are others who love Majestic and that class ship, we don't hate it, but having been on Sapphire, Diamond, Emerald, Golden and Ruby, we know which class we prefer.

I think Regal appeals even less to us as the forward viewing area of Majestic in the Hollywood Pool club is free but is the paid Sanctuary on Regal, and no indoor pool on Regal.

Food good on both Ruby and Majestic, staff great on both, cabins newer and more modern on Majestic, love the Medallion on Ruby, love Skywalkers and walk around promenade on Ruby, but love the buffet on Majestic, Ruby is still old school layout.......yep Grand class wins over Royal class for us!!!

( Sapphire/Diamond win over Ruby due to wider promenade, indoor pool, one less deck, 4 smaller anytime restaurants.......but you know all that!!!)