Sapphire Princess Staying In OZ Winter 2020?

10 minutes ago, GCHAN said:

Just wondering.

Where does the Sapphire Princess dock in Sydney and is it usually 7am.

Sapphire Princess will dock at Circular Quay and according to the Sydney Ports Cruise Schedule will dock at 6 am on June 25th. But one of the online cruise travel agencies says she will dock at 8 am which I think is too late because of the peak times for the ferries. 

Leigh

Edited by possum52

11 minutes ago, GCHAN said:

Just wondering.

Where does the Sapphire Princess dock in Sydney and is it usually 7am.

It docks at the OPT at Circular Quay - she's too big to fit under the bridge. Usually Princess ships dock earlier than 7am.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Sapphire Princess will dock at Circular Quay and according to the Sydney Ports Cruise Schedule will dock at 6 am on June 25th. But one of the online cruise travel agencies says she will dock at 8 am which I think is too late because of the peak fimes for the ferries. 

Leigh

The itinerary on that online TA's site showed every single port on the itinerary I checked as 8am to 4pm. I suspect those times are just temporary guesses until the actual port times are released by Princess.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Cootakid said:

So what is the general consensus.....jump in on Thursday and grab the cruise you want, or play the waiting game to see if prices drop further closer to sail date ?? 

The eternal conundrum:)

Jump right in.

If prices drop you'll be slightly disappointed. If it sells out and you haven't got a cabin, you'll be majorly disappointed.

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All depends how you value them. I'm not a buyer at the current prices for the East coast... if they discount, then I might get interested. If they do get sold (which I'd be surprised if so, given they're no better than other prices) then I'm not fussed.

If you're looking West coast where pricing is better though, different market at play.

2 hours ago, Shutterbug87 said:

Thoughts about whether you will be able to upgrade/combine with the ‘oceans of offers’ deals...? it would certainly be an added bonus to be able to include drinks and wifi at the discounted offer!!! 

The Clean place was showing Oceans of Offers pricing. Roughly $40pp per day extra.

2 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

All depends how you value them. I'm not a buyer at the current prices for the East coast... if they discount, then I might get interested. If they do get sold (which I'd be surprised if so, given they're no better than other prices) then I'm not fussed.

If you're looking West coast where pricing is better though, different market at play.

The Circumnavigation from Sydney is around $1000 cheaper than usual for an inside cabin. That's why I'm tempted. It's been on my bucket list for a while but always seemed just a bit too expensive.

16 hours ago, Shutterbug87 said:

Thoughts about whether you will be able to upgrade/combine with the ‘oceans of offers’ deals...? it would certainly be an added bonus to be able to include drinks and wifi at the discounted offer!!! 

I doubt they throw that in. If you notice the Oceans of Offer promotion is only available on certain cruises. 

17 hours ago, Cootakid said:

So what is the general consensus.....jump in on Thursday and grab the cruise you want, or play the waiting game to see if prices drop further closer to sail date ?? 

The eternal conundrum:)

I reckon you have to jump this week. I don't think the prices will get cheaper. However, other cruises and other lines might have deals because so many have jumped on these deals. 

33 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Still no email from Princess. 

I haven't had one either.   I have even rung them in the past and double-checked my email address with them and asked them to send me details of new offers.  And they still don't.    I don't even get the email about elites being able to book a day early on certain sailings.   Go figure!