Sapphire Princess Staying In OZ Winter 2020?

1 minute ago, icat2000 said:

I've tried to make a booking online on Princess site. No join get to the payment stage and goes that category not available any longer. Tried couple of times. About to give it a big flick. 

Wow that must be a popular cruise.

I think a lot of people who book directly with Princess must now be making their bookings and cabins may be going very quickly.

I manage to make a booking online for the 12 day cruise out of Sydney to Fiji in June. I wanted to try a Suite, but I couldn't get one. So opted for Mini Suite. Got a booking on hold with confirmation directly on Princess site. 

Edited by icat2000

For those looking at the longer cruises, try looking at two or three different sectors ie B2B, they will allocate cabins for different sectors, you may have to change cabins, but may be able to change to the same as things settle down and people cancel....which they will. All these cruises are made up of lots of sectors.

Just a thought.

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

You get assigned a cabin, if you then want to change it you just ring up and request it.

For those holding off, I have a feeling the 8th June cruise is going fast.

Or in reverse. I put the desired cabin in the initial booking request with them, and they took it.

5 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

For those looking at the longer cruises, try looking at two or three different sectors ie B2B, they will allocate cabins for different sectors, you may have to change cabins, but may be able to change to the same as things settle down and people cancel....which they will. All these cruises are made up of lots of sectors.

Just a thought.

I tried that and something interesting showed up. The Sydney to Perth sector showed the option to select a cabin, then showed no cabins available, but the Perth to Sydney went straight to Guarantee. Sydney to Sydney is showing as select a cabin then none also. I'm wondering if they have the cabins blocked out until they wade through the phone calls and TA requests.

17 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

I manage to make a booking online for the 12 day cruise out of Sydney to Fiji in June. I wanted to try a Suite, but I couldn't get one. So opted for Mini Suite. Got a booking on hold with confirmation directly on Princess site. 

I made a booking for that cruise too but as yet have not received an e-mail from Princess.

Even though it said at the end of the booking process an e-mail has been sent to you.

At least I have the booking number.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

OK I have an IA guarantee with the Oz site. That's something. I have a couple of days to pay the deposit, hopefully I can use my FCD for that. I'll see what Princess come up with on the call back.

I used my FCD to make the booking at Princess. No trouble doing this.

The clean mob jacked the price up on the cabin they reserved for me saying that was the Princess price - now they are the dirty mob.

The finders were quick to comfirm the cabin a bit below the lower Princess price & include $100 OBC for cabin.

So I have deposit paid for 9th July out of BNE.  No more hassle.

3 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I made a booking for that cruise too but as yet have not received an e-mail from Princess.

Even though it said at the end of the booking process an e-mail has been sent to you.

At least I have the booking number.

No email from Princess yet, and not showing on personaliser, you have to go to Princess and bookings, then manually put in the booking number, it is not showing in Account yet.

I need to use my FCD with the Oz people. It shouldn't be a problem though.

At least it is a booking, their prices were comparable to Princess, plus OBC, a bonus.

Imagine all the cancellations of those that sent booking requests with multiple online TA's, they will slowly get through all the bookings, then they will all be cancelled. I reckon in 48 hours a lots of cabins will become available.

Grrr! The Oz crowd have a final payment date of 21st March for a cruise in September. Six months prior! 

Just checked mine that I have cancelled with them, 23rd March for an October sailing, the Guru is worse!!

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I need to use my FCD with the Oz people. It shouldn't be a problem though.

I have done it in the past with them.

For memory there was a box you could add extra information when booking or you can just phone and get them to add it, as I think I did the first time I used one with them.

You don't want to miss out on the on board credit of the FCD.

7 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

No email from Princess yet, and not showing on personaliser, you have to go to Princess and bookings, then manually put in the booking number, it is not showing in Account yet.

Glad I am not the only one who hasn't received an e-mail as yet.

Their booking system must have smoke coming out of it.

26 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Cheryl, I had a phone call from our PCP a little while ago to confirm we have the cabin we want (one of 'our' favourites😁) for the June 8th sailing from Perth to Sydney. He also said that emails should be sent out in the next couple of hours with confirmation and payment details. Also our cruise is showing on my cruise personaliser.

Leigh

12 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Cheryl, I had a phone call from our PCP a little while ago to confirm we have the cabin we want (one of 'our' favourites😁) for the June 8th sailing from Perth to Sydney. He also said that emails should be sent out in the next couple of hours with confirmation and payment details. Also our cruise is showing on my cruise personaliser.

Leigh

Great stuff Leigh, I booked direct and just received an email now and just checked and is now showing in personaliser on Princess too.

• Like 1

I was finally able to book Perth to Sydney cruise at 3.15 pm on the princess site. Email has just come through an hour later. You would think that princess would get their act together for these bookings

cheers

tanya

17 minutes ago, stki said:

I was finally able to book Perth to Sydney cruise at 3.15 pm on the princess site. Email has just come through an hour later. You would think that princess would get their act together for these bookings

cheers

tanya

I think they seriously underestimated the demand they would get.

• Like 1

So pleased as managed to book what I wanted.   10-night Coral Coast followed by a 4-night WA Getaway in an Aft Vista suite and price was only $1394 per person after the cruise credit we received from Princess for our recently cancelled cruise .   A full suite that has cost us less than $100 each per day!    As we often sail inside will have to make the most of this.    Probably the only time we get to experience this as we are reluctant to pay the usual suite prices.

Happy days....at last we have  our booking confirmation for Sapphires Perth to Brisbane June 8, what a crazy day for the bookers , happy with cabin, price $100pp less than direct with Princess and our surprise bonus of $100 OBC ... anyone started a roll call yet 😉😁