Sapphire Princess Staying In OZ Winter 2020?

Sarah, those Melbourne departures, the dates have just been readjusted from before as the ship is not repositioning so not coming Shanghai via Perth etc......I am surprised there are not more during the year from Melbourne as it is going around.

It appears that the itineraries are Freemantle and Top half for our winter then in September it starts to head further south.....makes sense.

• Thanks 1

Very keen to see prices for the cruises can someone post a link, not just the from prices as would be looking to have a balcony.  Hoping to get time to do a short cruise out of Fremantle as we don't usually get winter cruises any more.

Haven't been on the Sapphire so that is another plus.

1 hour ago, thistledoo said:

The prices and itineraries are all up on the clean site.   Some very attractive prices for the earlier part of the redeployments from Fremantle.    On sale on Feb27.

Thanks for that.   Even though I prefer booking with Princess, at least we know the prices now and they are not too bad.  

9 hours ago, Rassa said:

Thanks for that.   Even though I prefer booking with Princess, at least we know the prices now and they are not too bad.  

I was very excited to see these prices also. I thought they were extremely good prices, just hope I haven’t got my hopes up & Princess don’t increase them on their website. I also prefer to book directly with Princess. Come on next Thursday! 😀😀🚢🚢

I've seen the prices too and another one that books directly through Princess as its easier and some times the TA is Australia a too slow when bookings open (due to the volume they have to book). So I rather control the process myself. Also TA in Australia don't give really much it the way of perks for booking with them. 

I don't think Princess will increase prices as they need to full up these ships. They make no money if they sale empty plus there a lot of competition for berths with various cruise lines looking to stick their ships somewhere at moment. 

So I'm going to solely buy on price only. 

8 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

I don't think Princess will increase prices as they need to full up these ships. They make no money if they sale empty plus there a lot of competition for berths with various cruise lines looking to stick their ships somewhere at moment. 

So I'm going to solely buy on price only. 

Yes, Princess sure do need to fill these ships up. Hope the prices are favourable, would love you do one of the ‘over the top’ ones! Everything is crossed! 🤞😳

Prices out of Fremantle look decent, though East coast ones I looked at are consistent with other existing cruises. Guess they know there's more demand there, plus aren't offering as many as on West Coast. We'll see how they go, but they're not priced to sell at this point.

We're looking at one of the cruises from Freo around to Sydney. Two flights involved for us but with the prices being offered that I saw, well worth it. Points come in handy for flights too. Fingers crossed all goes well. I wonder when these Sapphire cruises will appear on the Princess website?

Leigh

Edited by possum52

We're looking at the circumnavigation out of Sydney. 30 nights and very good prices. It would mean cancelling Singapore to Adelaide on Sea Princess (only 17 nights) and we'd lose some FF points cancelling the flights but the circumnavigation is a bucket list cruise plus it's got some very interesting ports, like Kangaroo Island.

Hopefully they'll show up on the Princess website over the weekend.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, possum52 said:

We're looking at one of the cruises from Freo around to Sydney. Two flights involved for us but with the prices being offered that I saw, well worth it. Points come in handy for flights too. Fingers crossed all goes well. I wonder when these Sapphire cruises will appear on the Princess website?

Leigh

Next Wednesday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

Leigh, we are looking at 8 nights Southern South Aus and Tasmania, it is offered to book as  one or two cruises. Adelaide to Sydney, so may be what you are looking at.

We have something similar booked on Sapphire March 2021, but looking at the recent prices for the new Sapphire  cruises we would save $400 each.

Hoping those prices are not for quads

17 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Leigh, we are looking at 8 nights Southern South Aus and Tasmania, it is offered to book as  one or two cruises. Adelaide to Sydney, so may be what you are looking at.

We have something similar booked on Sapphire March 2021, but looking at the recent prices for the new Sapphire  cruises we would save $400 each.

Hoping those prices are not for quads

Gosh Cheryl, I didn't even think of them being for quads! We are looking at one of the cruises around the top end - Northern Explorer. I just checked the clean website and it says the prices are for twin share per person. We usually book directly through Princess these days so it will be intersting to see what their prices are. We have FCDs to use.

As I was writing this I heard back from a Princess Holiday Planner whom I always get emails from. I emailed him last night and he basically said that some travel agencies have spilled the beans early and that he can't guantee that the prices and itineraries will be the same as quoted but at moment are in line with Princess. 

Leigh

Gosh Cheryl, I didn't even think of them being for quads! We are looking at one of the cruises around the top end - Northern Explorer. I just checked the clean website and it says the prices are for twin share per person. We usually book directly through Princess these days so it will be intersting to see what their prices are. We have FCDs to use.
As I was writing this I heard back from a Princess Holiday Planner whom I always get emails from. I emailed him last night and he basically said that some travel agencies have spilled the beans early and that he can't guantee that the prices and itineraries will be the same as quoted but at moment are in line with Princess. 

Leigh

Leigh thats great they are not quad prices.
There was such a difference for the exact ports and days as our already booked cruise.
I think we have the same Princess Holiday planner!!
Some online TA's price slightly less than Princess and maybe add some obc but I dont want to be locked into their cancellation/change fees/early payment etc when I can easily move my FCD around booking direct.

We have 3 FCD's to play with but not much leave haha

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Leigh thats great they are not quad prices.
There was such a difference for the exact ports and days as our already booked cruise.
I think we have the same Princess Holiday planner!!
Some online TA's price slightly less than Princess and maybe add some obc but I dont want to be locked into their cancellation/change fees/early payment etc when I can easily move my FCD around booking direct.

We have 3 FCD's to play with but not much leave haha

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

It may well be the same holiday planner. His name starts with D and last name K. I did put in a pre-registration with the clean website but would much prefer to go through Princess for the same reasons you do.

We only have 1 FCD each but have pleanty of 'leave'! Helps to be retired. I checked the prices for the same cruise next year but earlier and they are over two and a half thousand more each!

Leigh

12 hours ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

We are looking at this one also.   Much cheaper than the July one and makes it very cheap for us with our cruise credit from the Majestic cruise that did not go to Singapore.   I wonder if Princess will have 24hrs pre-booking for elites.  Whatever, Wednesday booking is fine for us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rassa said:

We are looking at this one also.   Much cheaper than the July one and makes it very cheap for us with our cruise credit from the Majestic cruise that did not go to Singapore.   I wonder if Princess will have 24hrs pre-booking for elites.  Whatever, Wednesday booking is fine for us.

The 27th is the day these sailings go on sail evidently. 

Leigh

4 minutes ago, Westaussie said:

Any thoughts on cruising southern Australia in winter?  We've sailed across to Sydney three times in summer and the Bight has been relatively calm and the cities warm and dry.

No way would I sail across the Blight during winter! 😀

Leigh

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

No way would I sail across the Blight during winter! 😀

Leigh

Sadly that has been my thinking but for us the full circumnavigation is so rare from Fremantle.  Can't believe the West is so spoiled for choice but maybe the Coral Coast cruises may be more attractive.

1 minute ago, Westaussie said:

Sadly that has been my thinking but for us the full circumnavigation is so rare from Fremantle.  Can't believe the West is so spoiled for choice but maybe the Coral Coast cruises may be more attractive.

Yes I would be doing the Coral Coast cruises if I were you Westaussie.

Leigh

• Like 1