Sapphire Princess Staying In OZ Winter 2020?

5 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I am not a new passenger to Princess and I was sent the e-mail days ago.

Who knows why some were sent it and others weren't.

Well that shoots that theory down.

Are you a big spender?  I know an American passengers who gets offered free and/or very cheap cruisers because she used to love to gamble.

Maybe only Princess knows. 

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Maybe they are targeting new passengers first?

I received the email on Friday. Interestingly I don’t usually receive them, my husband is the recipient and he didn’t receive one. We are Platinum. 

Leigh

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Well that shoots that theory down.

Are you a big spender?  I know an American passengers who gets offered free and/or very cheap cruisers because she used to love to gamble.

Maybe only Princess knows. 

Never use to be but on our last few cruises we have spent a lot.

I noticed that some of the e-mails with special prices they would send you that now when I click on the link I can actually get the price in the e-mail unlike before when I would go to the website and sign in I could never get the price in the e-mail.

Last time we got one of these e-mails I phoned my cruise friends who really don't spend much onboard and while they did receive the same e-mail they couldn't get the same price at Princess when they clicked on the link.

I hope this is not confusing.

To sum it up I believe Princess sometimes gives past passengers special pricing on cruises they need to increase sales on and the price you are offered depends on how much you spend onboard. I am sure we are all put into categories according to on our onboard spending habites.

3 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Never use to be but on our last few cruises we have spent a lot.

I noticed that some of the e-mails with special prices they would send you that now when I click on the link I can actually get the price in the e-mail unlike before when I would go to the website and sign in I could never get the price in the e-mail.

Last time we got one of these e-mails I phoned my cruise friends who really don't spend much onboard and while they did receive the same e-mail they couldn't get the same price at Princess when they clicked on the link.

I hope this is not confusing.

To sum it up I believe Princess sometimes gives past passengers special pricing on cruises they need to increase sales on and the price you are offered depends on how much you spend onboard. I am sure we are all put into categories according to on our onboard spending habites.

No it is not confusing.  I think you are correct.  

I was on a cruise on a small ship once where they announced an "Australia Day" celebration at short notice.  The other two couples who attended obviously knew the dancers, who were hosts, and joked "haven't you made your alcohol budget yet?"

21 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Possibly they weren't logged into Princess when they clicked on the email link. For me, I have to be logged in to see the special prices.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

3 hours ago, possum52 said:

I received the email on Friday. Interestingly I don’t usually receive them, my husband is the recipient and he didn’t receive one. We are Platinum. 

Leigh

Leigh, did the email state what time the cruises would go on sale? I've haven't spotted that info in the brochure that was linked to here and all I've heard is 27th in Australia and 26th in the US. Midnight in Sydney is 8am Eastern US time so if they go on sale then that gives the US several hours jump on us Aussies.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Thanks, thistledoo. Yes, the system will probably melt down like it did when the first Majestic cruises went on offer. I've seen a TA post elsewhere saying Friday 28th but others say Thursday 27th. That's actually a reasonable time as it will be 7pm in the east coast of the US and a bit earlier in other time zones there. 

46 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Leigh, did the email state what time the cruises would go on sale? I've haven't spotted that info in the brochure that was linked to here and all I've heard is 27th in Australia and 26th in the US. Midnight in Sydney is 8am Eastern US time so if they go on sale then that gives the US several hours jump on us Aussies.

As Thistledoo said, the email states Thursday 27th at 11 am, which is what the Princess Cruise Planner said too. I haven't heard anything about the USA times. I was sort of hoping they didn't have access! 😉

Leigh

We have never cruised with Princess but have signed up for special offers. We did get the email. We pre registered with the “clean company” and just received an email asking us to complete a pre Booking form by Wednesday 26th so that on feb 27th at 11am they can hold a  cabin for us in the category of our choice. There is no obligation to take it. Hope that makes sense!

33 minutes ago, possum52 said:

As Thistledoo said, the email states Thursday 27th at 11 am, which is what the Princess Cruise Planner said too. I haven't heard anything about the USA times. I was sort of hoping they didn't have access! 😉

Leigh

So was I but I did see it mentioned somewhere, dammit!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jland said:

We have never cruised with Princess but have signed up for special offers. We did get the email. We pre registered with the “clean company” and just received an email asking us to complete a pre Booking form by Wednesday 26th so that on feb 27th at 11am they can hold a  cabin for us in the category of our choice. There is no obligation to take it. Hope that makes sense!

I like to pick my exact cabin as I prefer to have certain configurations ie for an inside cabin on that class of ship I like the wadrobe on the right as you enter, that way any light leakage from under the door doesn't affect me as I sleep on the other side of the bed.

Also we choose IB canins and some of those are under the pool deck. That would be a disaster for me as I'm a very light sleeper.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

So was I but I did see it mentioned somewhere, dammit!

Hopefully all the US cruisers have other plans because it is the beginning of summer! Or too short a notice to take holidays........

Leigh

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I like to pick my exact cabin as I prefer to have certain configurations ie for an inside cabin on that class of ship I like the wadrobe on the right as you enter, that way any light leakage from under the door doesn't affect me as I sleep on the other side of the bed.

Also we choose IB canins and some of those are under the pool deck. That would be a disaster for me as I'm a very light sleeper.

We have balcony cabins and prefer deck 10 because the balcony is about twice as big as other balconies and also has a roof over half of it. I gave our PCP our preferred locations so hopefully he can hold one for us.

Leigh

Bookings on sale Thursday 27th Feb, 11am AEDT,  8am AWST and 1pm NZDT

Fares available are Value Fares (cruises 5 - 37 nights) inclusive of drink package and internet.

Price Fare which is just the cruise.

No early booking for Captain Circle Elite.

I can't see any times available for other countries on the internal TA site.

TA's start booking the same time as everyone else, it will be kaos at 11am!!

4 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Bookings on sale Thursday 27th Feb, 11am AEDT,  8am AWST and 1pm NZDT

Fares available are Value Fares (cruises 5 - 37 nights) inclusive of drink package and internet.

Price Fare which is just the cruise.

No early booking for Captain Circle Elite.

I can't see any times available for other countries on the internal TA site.

TA's start booking the same time as everyone else, it will be kaos at 11am!!

Do Princess Cruise Planners get access at same time as everyone or a little earlier?

I have to be online at 9am Thurs to book seats for the ANZAC Day AFL match, so glad we have someone else taking care of getting us a cabin.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

Do Princess Cruise Planners get access at same time as everyone or a little earlier?

Leigh

Same time as everyone else as far as I am aware Leigh, I have spoken with them in the past, when it opens up they start making bookings, same with online TA's

1 minute ago, cheznandy said:

Same time as everyone else as far as I am aware Leigh, I have spoken with them in the past, when it opens up they start making bookings, same with online TA's

Thanks Cheryl,  that's what I thought. Fingers crossed, but if we don't get what we want oh well, we hadn't planned to cruise again until later in the year. 

Leigh

14 minutes ago, jland said:

We pre-registered online with them too and I emailed our consultant to advise her, she asked for our onboard locality preferences which i gladly gave ...  I figured it was easier to let someone else do the hard yards for us.... saved $100 pp to boot... 😉and...we received the Princess email ...for a change...very hit and miss!!