Easy Air

Lisas mom

I want to book our flights through Easy Air.  However, can we choose our seats?  I want seats with extra leg room going and "Mint" on Jet Blue coming back.  How can I do this by using Easy Air?   I don't seem to be able to find out how to do this on line.  Thanks for your help.

I booked our flights on EZ Air a few weeks ago and we were able to

select our seats. It was on Virgin Atlantic, so I am not sure if there

is an option with other airlines. You can try it, because you are not 

"stuck" with it. I changed our flight once to get a lower fare.

Whether you can do seat selection via EZ-Air bookings depends entirely on the airline and class of service.  Some airlines allow it and some make you wait until ticketed.  Often the ones that don't allow it, are charging for selecting specific seats, so they want you to do it on their website.  Then there is the example of Air Canada (for one) - they do not allow seat selection until ticketed in Economy, but if you are booking Premium Economy or Business, you can select a seat in advance.

As said, seat assignments vary based on airline policies.

We recently booked October Flexible EZair flights in Economy...to Quebec on Air Canada & home on AA from FLL.  

• AA:  Ticketed when booked 9 months in advance & free seat assignments; can purchase Main Cabin Extra (up to 6” extra legroom, preferred boarding, free alcoholic drink)
  • AC: Ticketed when booked 9 months in advance & seat assignments available for a fee;  their system is currently down so cannot check about a roomier seat like on AA.

On another Flexible EZair Economy ticket flying KLM to Europe we could pay for an advance seat assignment in Economy, Premium Economy & exit row seats or wait until check-in for seat assignment.

Just a few of examples about different experiences in Flexible EZair Economy class & how airline policies determine how seat assignments are issued.  On AC & KLM we could pay in advance or get a seat assignment at check-in;  on AA we immediately made a seat assignment & have the option to pay for an upgraded Economy seat assignment.

The seats we were able to select were Premium Economy on Virgin Atlantic.

It would be useful for all if we had many contributions/ comments as Steelers36

and Astro Flyer that designate the specific Airline, Class, and when they seats

can be selected and there are fees involved.

I only know about BA and Virgin Atlantic for Economy and Premium Economy respectively.

Upcoming flights from Sacramento, California to Melbourne, Australia.

Sacramento to LA - Delta - selected seats

LA to Sydney - Virgin Australia (operated by Delta) - selected seats

Sydney to Melbourne - Virgin Australia - can't select seats

Melbourne to LA - Virgin Australia - can't select seats

LA to Sacramento - Delta - selected seats

On 2/11/2020 at 9:55 AM, Lisas mom said:

I want to book our flights through Easy Air.  However, can we choose our seats?  I want seats with extra leg room going and "Mint" on Jet Blue coming back.  How can I do this by using Easy Air?   I don't seem to be able to find out how to do this on line.  Thanks for your help.

I just booked EZ Air for our Dec 20 14-night Circle Caribbean on the Island Princess, rt Ft Lauderdale. I booked Delta using Flexible Fare. After I got my confirmation, I checked the Delta Reservation Number, went to Delta's website, and picked my seats.

On 2/11/2020 at 11:39 AM, nini said:

I changed our flight once to get a lower fare.

Please explain what you did to change flight. Did you book EZ Air and change flight directly with airline ? I am curious because our Delta return flight has been changed to a long layover on one leg and Delta has a better alternative flight at the same fare, but it does not show on EZ Air. I was thinking of giving Delta a call once we are ticketed.

Separate but related question: if we ask to be ticketed early, I assume we can still change flights with 45 day window etc. right ?

To change flex EZAir flights (up to 45 days prior) you must do it within within EZ Air.  If they have the desired flights, great. If not, and pricing is acceptable, you could book direct with the airlines and cancel EZ Air, although you would be subject to the airlines rules as far as future changes and refunds.

And no, ticketing early locks you in just as if you purchased the air from the airline.

Edited by cherylandtk

5 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Please explain what you did to change flight. Did you book EZ Air and change flight directly with airline ? I am curious because our Delta return flight has been changed to a long layover on one leg and Delta has a better alternative flight at the same fare, but it does not show on EZ Air. I was thinking of giving Delta a call once we are ticketed.

Separate but related question: if we ask to be ticketed early, I assume we can still change flights with 45 day window etc. right ?

Once your are ticketed you can no longer change flights thru EZair.  You are ticketed just like if you bought the flights thru the airlines.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Please explain what you did to change flight. Did you book EZ Air and change flight directly with airline ? I am curious because our Delta return flight has been changed to a long layover on one leg and Delta has a better alternative flight at the same fare, but it does not show on EZ Air. 

I went into our booking on the Princess website and clicked on "Manage My Booking".

Then clicked on the right "Guest Check in" and then clicked on "Flight schedule".

Then scroll down to the green tab that says, "Add or Modify". We do not pay until about

Aug. 1

You can also call Princess and they can help.

16 minutes ago, nini said:

I went into our booking on the Princess website and clicked on "Manage My Booking".

Then clicked on the right "Guest Check in" and then clicked on "Flight schedule".

Then scroll down to the green tab that says, "Add or Modify". We do not pay until about

Aug. 1

You can also call Princess and they can help.

Thank you Nini, from earlier comments I thought you had changed via the airline. Our Ez Air prices are higher than when we booked and desirable outbound flight is no longer an option. So we'll stick with revised less desirable schedule. No until September so could change again.