Upgrading at the port

djbj

Can anyone tell me how you go about trying to upgrade your cabin at the port? Where do you go. We have an inside cabin 8051 BOS Feb 24 and that is ok if we can't but it would be nice :) What might I expect to pay for an upgrade. And if the web site says N/A is it any bother trying? Has anyone had this cabin?:confused:

Can anyone tell me how you go about trying to upgrade your cabin at the port? Where do you go. We have an inside cabin 8051 BOS Feb 24 and that is ok if we can't but it would be nice :) What might I expect to pay for an upgrade. And if the web site says N/A is it any bother trying? Has anyone had this cabin?:confused:

To upgrade at the pier, get there early and see the pier coordinator. They will have a list of available cabins. Usually the cost to upgrade will be less than if you had booked the better cabin earlier. At this point they can't do any new bookings because of new security regulations from Homeland security.

So they will sell it to you for a discount, build goodwill and get additional revenue, some extra revenue is better than none.

We were on a holiday cruise in 2004 (Serenade) where a large extended family holding 3 suites and 10 balconies all together had to cancel with 3 days to go because one of the grandfathers had died. Now there were some real bargains, upgrading from a 2-deck inside to a 9-deck balcony for $450 pp on a nine night holiday sailing, or $750 pp to go to the suite. A long line at the coordinators desk, we grabbed a balcony, all the suites having been swooshed up in 5 minutes. That entire section of 9-deck had families pulling their luggage from where they had been originally, the ship nurse and pianist were very helpful to us.

I'm kind of new to all this. It seems like alot of things are asked about over and over again on these boards so I didn't think I was out of order. If you didn't want to answer the question just don't click on it:(

Thank you Big Booper for your helpful answer.:)

I'm kind of new to all this. It seems like alot of things are asked about over and over again on these boards so I didn't think I was out of order. If you didn't want to answer the question just don't click on it:(

Thank you Big Booper for your helpful answer.:)

Your very welcome. Stress, get there EARLY

Archived