Sleeping Arrangements for 3rd and 4th Guests

Ydnem

Looking to book a standard Balcony room on the Carnival Pride.   We have two teenage boys who will be sharing the room with us, ages 11 and 14.  I am not concerned about my 11-year-old as he is still kid-sized, but my teen is 5'10".    

I've been searching around trying to find pictures of how the 3rd and 4th guests beds are accommodated, but haven't been able to find anything.   Does the couch fold out into a double bed?  Cots?    [And my apologies if this is common info that could easily be searched.   This is my first post on Cruise Critic in over a decade! ]  🙂     

Thanks in advance! 

Depends on how your specific cabin is laid out. It should tell you if you google search you cabin number and ship name.

It will either have a fold out couch that they will have to share, or it could have 2 Murphy style beds that either fold out of the wall or drop down from the ceiling.

Roll aways or cots are out of the question. You ship was not grandfathered in to allow for roll aways.

• Like 1

Inside Cabins will have upper berths, regular sized twin mattresses, holding up to 250#.

French Door/Picture Window/Ocean View?Balcony cabins will have a sofa (Daybed) and an upper berth above .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ydnem said:

I've been searching around trying to find pictures of how the 3rd and 4th guests beds are accommodated, but haven't been able to find anything.  

This is not a very clear photo, however here is a standard balcony cabin (you mentioned Pride, standard balcony) on Carnival Pride that sleeps four, that you can use for reference. 

20200211-153848.jpg

✌️

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have you checked out pricing for two cabins, or a suite?  Sometimes it makes financial sense to book a balcony and an inside, which makes the sleeping arrangement much more comfortable for everyone.  Other times, the cost for a suite is not that much more than a balcony and the suites are usually a lot more spacious.  In any event, hope you have a great cruise. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Have you checked out pricing for two cabins, or a suite?  Sometimes it makes financial sense to book a balcony and an inside, which makes the sleeping arrangement much more comfortable for everyone.  Other times, the cost for a suite is not that much more than a balcony and the suites are usually a lot more spacious.  In any event, hope you have a great cruise. 

From a space perspective, I agree. 4 people in a room is just too much for me. I don't think the suite makes that much of a difference to me either.  It's still 4 people in one room and the single bathroom can often be a problem too.

From a financial perspective, at least every time I've seen it, it is way cheaper to get 4 people in a balcony than any other combination of rooms. Once you've hit the double occupancy, the rates for the other 2 are far cheaper than getting another room

Edited by Joebucks
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

From a space perspective, I agree. 4 people in a room is just too much for me. I don't think the suite makes that much of a difference to me either.  It's still 4 people in one room and the single bathroom can often be a problem too.

From a financial perspective, at least every time I've seen it, it is way cheaper to get 4 people in a balcony than any other combination of rooms. Once you've hit the double occupancy, the rates for the other 2 are far cheaper than getting another room

I’ve also found that when pricing. BTW, we usually book a cabin on the end of the ship with the fitness center. Then we can use the showers there anytime.

• Like 2