Women's Formal Night Shoes

e71465

7 hours ago, e71465 said:

Hi Ladies, 

I'm in my 50's and just want a comfortable shoe to wear on formal night. Not something that has a high heel and hard to walk in. Something cute but comfortable with a heel". I've been looking on line at shoes but can't find anything I like.  I was wondering what you all thought of wearing a wedge heel with my cocktail dress?  The shoe I'm interested in buy is a basic strappy black sandal.  Advice please...  

strappy.jpg

Wear whatever you are comfortable in!  Wedges are the best!
Those look fine!

17 hours ago, e71465 said:

Hi Ladies, 

I'm in my 50's and just want a comfortable shoe to wear on formal night. Not something that has a high heel and hard to walk in. Something cute but comfortable with a heel". I've been looking on line at shoes but can't find anything I like.  I was wondering what you all thought of wearing a wedge heel with my cocktail dress?  The shoe I'm interested in buy is a basic strappy black sandal.  Advice please...  

strappy.jpg

I have the same shoes, they’re comfortable, look good & don’t weigh much. Enjoy

18 hours ago, e71465 said:

Hi Ladies, 

strappy.jpg

These are perfect at any age!! Very nice 🙂 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, e71465 said:

Hi Ladies, 

Wear whatever you like. 

No man will ever notice what you have on your feet.

They may not even notice you have feet.

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Wear whatever you like. 

No man will ever notice what you have on your feet.

They may not even notice you have feet.

I am sure this was said tongue in cheek. I know lots of men who admire the whole package in women.😊

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

I am sure this was said tongue in cheek. I know lots of men who admire the whole package in women.😊

If a man admires "the whole package" in women, he's a man in which I would have an interest.   I want to know a man admires me for what I think, what I feel, what I like to do, not what shoes I have on...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Actually, it wasn't tongue in check.  Try asking a man what shoes his wife wore the previous evening.

Women would like to believe men notice their shoes because women like buying shoes.  Not for men, but to maintain their status with other women.

26 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

If a man admires "the whole package" in women, he's a man in which I would have an interest.   I want to know a man admires me for what I think, what I feel, what I like to do, not what shoes I have on...

Whatever...😒

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

Actually, it wasn't tongue in check.  Try asking a man what shoes his wife wore the previous evening.

Women would like to believe men notice their shoes because women like buying shoes.  Not for men, but to maintain their status with other women.

I must mix in the wrong circles. I know some who have no idea but I know others who actually have bought certain shoes for their wife because they knew the wife liked them. My husband has pointed out shoes to me that he knows I might like.

All the while he also treats with respect for my knowledge of world events and science.

I am very lucky...as is he 😁

• Like 1

I have just dropped my wonderful husband off to have a coronary angiogram and I sit and wait to see what they will find from the chest pain he has been having for over a week.

I guess I just am tired of trying to justify to others it is okay to care about clothes as well as other things in life.

My gorgeous man loves to look nice but that doesn't mean he or I are shallow.

Julie

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, frantic36 said:

I have just dropped my wonderful husband off to have a coronary angiogram and I sit and wait to see what they will find from the chest pain he has been having for over a week.

I guess I just am tired of trying to justify to others it is okay to care about clothes as well as other things in life.

My gorgeous man loves to look nice but that doesn't mean he or I are shallow.

Julie

I wish your husband well.  I underwent a cardiac catheterization a few weeks ago. I hope your husband gets as good a news as I did.

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

I wish your husband well.  I underwent a cardiac catheterization a few weeks ago. I hope your husband gets as good a news as I did.

Thank you. I hope so as well or at least they can fix it so he isn't so tired. It is frustrating for him who is normally fit to feel so weak.

I apologise for being tetchy. No excuses but little sleep and stress does that to me.

Julie

2 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Thank you. I hope so as well or at least they can fix it so he isn't so tired. It is frustrating for him who is normally fit to feel so weak.

I apologise for being tetchy. No excuses but little sleep and stress does that to me.

Julie

Let us know how this turns out.

5 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Thanks Lois. I hope you are feeling better with your treatment. From what I read on the Cooler it sounds painful the side effects.

Julie

Hi, thanks so much. Actually, not really too painful at all (THANKFULLY).  Taking it day by day and this was

day 12 of treatment. 9 more to go. And the side effects? Feels like sunburn but I know it could be way

worse so trying to take things in stride. No sickness or anything like that....again, very thankful.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Let us know how this turns out.

The good news was they found the problem and fixed it and he is resting in hospital but feeling much better. At 62yo it has been a bit of a shock especially being fairly fit.

First thing he told me when I saw him was that he had checked with the doctor and we can get back to cruising in the next month. He just wants to put his glad rags on methinks. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, frantic36 said:

The good news was they found the problem and fixed it and he is resting in hospital but feeling much better. At 62yo it has been a bit of a shock especially being fairly fit.

First thing he told me when I saw him was that he had checked with the doctor and we can get back to cruising in the next month. He just wants to put his glad rags on methinks. 

Excellent.  Enjoy your cruise.