What is your favorite drink that we should try?

On 2/14/2020 at 11:17 AM, CruisinAg said:

It's hard to recommend not knowing you or your tastes. I would say, go to one of the cocktail bars and ask them to make one for you. They'll ask you what you like and can make recommendations based on that. I've had very good drinks made by bartenders by just asking them to surprise me with a bourbon drink. It's been my experience that the bartenders like experimenting and trying to develop new drinks.

Love this idea of asking a bartender to surprise me.....thanks for the idea. how fun...will definitely ask on my next cruise.

On 2/12/2020 at 4:29 PM, nklpikl said:

I am so glad you asked. We went through and made a list of drinks we wanted to try on board. Came out to more than 70 🤪

That is not possible. Hopefully this thread will help me narrow it down. 

How long is your next cruise?  I think you could easily ORDER 70 drinks on a 5 night or longer cruise.  You don’t have to empty each drink, or you could . . . We aren’t judging.  🙂

47 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

What’s in this?

Made with Kraken dark spiced Rum

Lava Flow Recipe

• 1.5 oz. light rum
  • 1 oz. Malibu coconut rum
  • 2 oz. coconut cream
  • 2 oz. pineapple juice
  • 2 oz. fresh or frozen strawberries
  • 1 banana

Directions

1. Mix strawberries and rum in blender and blend until well mixed.
  2. Place contents at bottom of a tall glass.
  3. Mix rest of the unused ingredients with crushed ice in a blender until smooth.
  4. Pour mixture into glass. The strawberry and rum mixture will creep up the sides of the glass, giving the drink its name.
Edited by Sea Dog
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2020 at 4:10 PM, derorim said:

Nuts and Berries (Frangelico, Chambord, and cream or half and half) from Two70 on Quantum or Anthem, can't remember which.  I had asked the bartender, what would she suggest for breakfast? 

I'll guess Quantum since I had that one on there. Can't recall which restaurant it was.

I always start a cruise with a lemon drop. A bunch of the group I cruised with the first time I cruised had that tradition and I picked it up. I've also had a sloe gin fizz every cruise. Some bartenders make them better than others. The best use just a splash of simple syrup. One of our cruises I said I wanted something sweet and surprise me. The bartender wizzed cherry liqueur, creme de cocoa, and Baileys with ice in the blender and poured it into a chocolate swirled glass. I have no idea what that's called but it tastes like a chocolate covered cherry. Kahlua is great in a chocolate milkshake.

Edited by TravelinGert

6 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

How long is your next cruise?  I think you could easily ORDER 70 drinks on a 5 night or longer cruise.  You don’t have to empty each drink, or you could . . . We aren’t judging.  🙂

It's only a 3 night. We figure we will split the list in half and then prioritize. 

• Like 1