Just booked Sailabration cruise! So excited!!

bartzcrew

59 minutes ago, NightOne said:

We have 2503 on our upcoming February 2021 Panorama cruise. It is a family harbor aft facing cove balcony and I'm really looking forward to it because it combines the 2 types of cabins I love most. (Coves and Aft-Facing)

Looking at the deck plan, 2503 is not a Cove balcony. It is a Family Harbor aft facing balcony.

Coves are along the port and starboard sides and are cat 7.

5 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Booked the Breeze out of Galveston.  I'm thrilled thinking she must be coming back to home port there.

Granddaughter #1 squealed and her sister actually screamed when I asked them, separately, if they wanted to go.

Well bmas, your thinking is correct. Breeze IS coming back to Galveston. This is an older article but still valid.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE TO ADD FOURTH SHIP IN GALVESTON

https://www.portofgalveston.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=104

Is Breeze a good ship?  Seems like Carnival definitely has a good chunk of the market in Galveston which is where we usually sail from.  Disney only sails a couple months of the year and I think the RCCL ships are older...albeit, I have not personally sailed them so don't know for sure.  I just wish they would go somewhere other than the same ports--almost always some combo of somewhere in Mexico (often Cozumel), Belize, Roatan, Cayman and Jamaica. Only thing I can think of is that maybe it isn't doable on a 7 day cruise to go anywhere else from Galveston, but seems like there would at least be SOME other option. 

35 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Wow you criticizing carnival?? I’m sure you will get an email about the new ships that they are refurbishing soon! Even I got the email! 

Good luck 

did anyone who had their Mardi Gras cruise canceled get an email about the sailibration cruises? 

35 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Is Breeze a good ship?  Seems like Carnival definitely has a good chunk of the market in Galveston which is where we usually sail from.  Disney only sails a couple months of the year and I think the RCCL ships are older...albeit, I have not personally sailed them so don't know for sure.  I just wish they would go somewhere other than the same ports--almost always some combo of somewhere in Mexico (often Cozumel), Belize, Roatan, Cayman and Jamaica. Only thing I can think of is that maybe it isn't doable on a 7 day cruise to go anywhere else from Galveston, but seems like there would at least be SOME other option. 

The Breeze is my second favorite ship, slightly behind the Freedom.  She's the very favorite of both granddaughters.

Excellent spa and Serenity Deck.  Easy to navigate.  Thrill Theatre is a fun diversion on a lazy afternoon.  We always had top notch, friendly service.  The only negative in my mind is that there can be very long lines for the adult comedy show.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

May I ask why you booked so far out? The longest we booked out was 10 months.  We usually book around 4 to 3 months.   Our current cruise was booked 6 weeks out.   

We booked our Antarctica cruise two years out and just got back from it a few weeks ago. It was certainly a long wait but it went by quickly with many other vacations in between.

20 hours ago, tandemcruzr said:

Looking at the deck plan, 2503 is not a Cove balcony. It is a Family Harbor aft facing balcony.

Coves are along the port and starboard sides and are cat 7.

Yup, technically not a cove as you don't have the metal infrastructure that cove balconies have but it is a deck 2 balcony and aft facing. 🙂

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 7:18 PM, a,j,&fam said:

Carnival Freedom booked leaving from Fort Lauderdale

I'm on this one too. I was originally booked on the 2/20/22 sailing but changed it today. I will also be turning 50 in 2022!

The thread seems to have gone to a different direction, besides Congrats! 

We too booked the Pride out of Tampa for the Sailabration!  When 4 or more ships meet up in the sea for a day and have a  major party at night  (with extras). (hoping fireworks)i These cruises were created to celebrate Carnival's 50 years of business, which is why folks are booking so early.

The Pride will have 5 ports of call, along with one day of partying at sea,  and two sea days.  It is a retro cruise, including the old missing midnight buffet (which I always slept through)  Guess we will have to dress for dinner, and I hope they put the tablecloths back on..LOL :classic_smile:.Sort of like a Journey's cruise.  8 days of cruise!

bartzcrew-can you tell me how you have never been to Cozumel?  Seems that is every western Caribbean go to port? We wont be in port very long that day, too bad.  We are looking forward to Costa Maya again, as we did nothing there which was a big mistake, and Mahogany Bay.  Now if they had thrown in Progreso, I would be in cruise heaven, but I am happy with what is being offered.  Hope we meet up, and will someone please start a roll call?

47 minutes ago, eltigre said:

Saint Greg, we are on the Glory as well!  Midnight Buffet, throwback sea day, specialty drinks. Doubt there would be on board fireworks. We are meeting between Cozumel & Costa Maya so who knows maybe some on land?

Someone on fb said their PVP told them a boat would be hired for fireworks.

4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

bartzcrew-can you tell me how you have never been to Cozumel?  Seems that is every western Caribbean go to port? We wont be in port very long that day, too bad.  We are looking forward to Costa Maya again, as we did nothing there which was a big mistake, and Mahogany Bay.  Now if they had thrown in Progreso, I would be in cruise heaven, but I am happy with what is being offered.  Hope we meet up, and will someone please start a roll call?

Ive been to Cozumel, just not Costa Maya or Grand Cayman. Only been to Cozumel once, and we did the Amazing race, but there was so many things that we wanted to do. Most excited about getting back to Little French Key in Mahogany Bay!! 

When in Costa Maya, make sure you do something,  we were going to just visit the "port" with the aviary and pool, we thought we were all set-never could find any changing rooms for the pool, and the aviary was closed, but there are great excursions there!  You are so right about all the things to do in Cozumel!  We have been six times, and will be there twice this year, and once next year.

Tell me about Little French Key=We have been twice to Mahogany Bay-well we only got there once-sand bars had filled in the entrance on our first attempt, so we ended up in Coxen Hole with nothing planned.  DH saw Lion fish while snorkeling at the beach  last time we were there.