We can’t decide....

Sersee

Never have been on Royal. We have on been on the Carnival Breeze and likes it. We loved the sail away party, the cruise director, outdoor theater and all the deck parties. The food was good as well. We went to Grand Turk (did not like), St Thomas (loved), Amber Cove(ok) and San Juan(loved). 

So our decision right now is Carnival Vista, Freedom of the Seas and Harmony.

ROyal looks like a step up . Vista itinerary is Montego, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Harmony is Coco cay, San Juan and St Kitts. Freedom is Aruba, Curacao, st Maarten and Bonaire.

Freedom has the best itinerary imo. We would have the newer rooms on deck 12.  Plus I know it’s being amped right now, But Harmony looks incredible. But will it be overwhelming when we are used to the Breeze size ? It’s huge. 

My kids are 22, 18 and 15. Kids Club doesn’t matter. 

I would love your input . I need to make a decision. Thank you!

I don’t think you’ll be “overwhelmed” going from Carnival Breeze to Harmony of the Seas. We sailed their sister ships (Carnival Dream and Allure of the Seas) the same year, and enjoyed both tremendously. But Dream was a “nice” cruise while Allure was a “wow!” cruise. The Oasis class have a much easier flow and less crowded feel than any Carnival ship I’ve ever sailed on. They are well thought out and engineered. 

Based on ship, I’d go with Harmony. Based on itinerary, I’d go with Freedom. But overall I’d lean towards the Harmony. Yes, you’ll be repeating one port (San Juan) but with so much to do there, I’m sure you’ll find plenty of new things to explore. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 2

Harmony.  I have not been on Harmony but sister Oasis and Allure.  Have not been on Breeze but Dream which Vista is just an enhanced version of Dream Class.  I would take an Oasis Class ship over a Dream/Vista class ship.  I have been on the Freedom and prefer the Oasis Class.  I also think Harmony will be better for the ages of the kids.  More variety of things.  

Maybe it's me but I'm not a fan of the ABC itinerary on Freedom like most.  I don't feel like I'm in the caribbean in those ports.  I feel like I'm in somewhat in a desert.  Aruba is also too commercial for me.  

I have been on breeze 3 times. Our favorite carnival ship. I dislike Vista class. Food options on carnival are awesome. I love all the free options. 
I have been on Freedom and loved her, going on her again in June. I have been on all oasis class ships. Going back on Oasis in a few weeks. You would love freedom and Harmony. They do not feel huge and overwhelming. The flow is easier than carnival. Skip Carnival and try Royal. You will not be disappointed in either ship. 

• Like 1

RCI ships have the “wow” factor that Carnival ships lack. I am not a fan of Carnival’s Vista class ships, so that eliminates Vista in my book. To me it would come down to what is more important, the ports or the ship. If it’s the ports go with Freedom, if it’s the ship go with Harmony.  You didn’t mention anything about price, but that is another factor that may or may not be important to you. 

• Like 1

We are divided. I like the Ports on Freedom( Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, StMaarten) but have never been to any of them. We have to fly to Puerto Rico.  The Harmony has three ports Coco Cay, San Juan (which I have been) and St Kitts.  It leaves from Port Canaveral which I’m familiar with.

They both come out close to the same price. We use points to fly.

On the freedom we will be next door in the panoramic ocean view on deck 12. The rooms look nice. On the Harmony we will be connecting and have balconies. Also nice rooms. We had connecting balconies on our previous cruise.

Don't wanna read too much into your comment but if the things you enjoyed were the sail away party, deck parties, outdoor theatre then staying with Carnival is likely your best bet. 

Having said that, if you value itinerary the most for this trip book the Freedom 100%. That itinerary is the best one in the Caribbean. (ABC's)

Aruba has the best beaches.

Bonaire is the best location to snorkel IN THE WORLD

Curacao is culturally interesting and is a very nice walking tour you can do on your own.

Freedom also has a lot of activities like the Flowrider that your kids might enjoy.

Freedom for the itinerary- that's the southern itinerary I would love but haven't taken yet. 

Have not been on Vista but did enjoy Dream and Magic. My first RC cruise was Oasis which felt less crowded to me. To be honest I was expecting RC to feel a step up from Carnival but really they felt about equal as far as service/food etc so I wouldn't stress too much. I would decide what is more important to you, ship or itinerary. If it's ship then I would pick the one that has the most amenities and shows your family would enjoy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Maybe it's me but I'm not a fan of the ABC itinerary on Freedom like most.  I don't feel like I'm in the caribbean in those ports.  I feel like I'm in somewhat in a desert.  Aruba is also too commercial for me.  

You are not is somewhat of a desert. You are in a desert. That is actually makes Aruba so attractive to me. It is so different from other Caribbean islands. I find the topography fascinating.

Freedom is an awesome ship and I think that is a great itinerary. Harmony, Oasis class ships, are amazing ships and have features that you won't find on any other class of ship. Its itinerary is ok. I would ask this question.... how important to you is the entertainment on a ship? Oasis class ships win hands down. If activities are more important then I would say both ships have plenty to do and in that case I would choose the itenerary that you like best.

• Like 1

This is difficult but as a cruiser that has been on 93 cruises so far and on all the ships you mentioned....

Freedom goes to WONDERFUL ports, if your one to do shore excursions and love beaches this is the place for you...as far as the ship, it still is an upgrade to the Breeze....RC food is much better.....entertainment also much better.  I believe she just got out of a refurbishment this January-february, may still be in dry dock as we speak, so that is a plus.  We go to Aruba for two weeks each year, it is the BEST island ever...tradewinds always keep you not sweating, a ton of shore excursions of all kinds, food is excellent and the people are the best!

Harmony is one of my favorite ships, love the Oasis class, so many choices on places to eat and so much for the kids to do.  I have cruised so far 7 times on the Oasis class and they are one of my favorite ships!  She goes to Coco Cay know the kids will love that.  If they into swimming there are many nice large pools on this ship.  Its truly an amazing ship!  Another thing, you do not have to fly to San Juan.

Would definitely cruise RC over Carnival in a heartbeat.  You can't go wrong with either two RC ships....