Will Corona Virus Stop You Cruising?

farawayatsea

It will for me.  Just too much risk involved and it's impacting cruise ships far more than other holiday options. If one passenger on a cruise anywhere in the world is diagnosed (or even suspected) the ship will be quarantined. A cruise ship is a lovely place for a holiday when alls well but must turn into a horror show if quarantined. No cruises for us this year.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, farawayatsea said:

It will for me.  Just too much risk involved and it's impacting cruise ships far more than other holiday options. If one passenger on a cruise anywhere in the world is diagnosed (or even suspected) the ship will be quarantined. A cruise ship is a lovely place for a holiday when alls well but must turn into a horror show if quarantined. No cruises for us this year.

So what’s the point of posting this on a cruise forum? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We leave on a b2b (21 days) next week. Only thing I’m doing differently if bringing an extra 14 days of prescription meds & extra hand wipes. The regular flu is much worse

I will be cruising the end of March.  Since I use essential oils, thieves oil, thieves spray, thieves  hand sanitizer and the thieves foaming hand soap will be with me.   My DH and I will be taking a supplement called Inner Defense as well.  

With all of the quarantines and enhanced screening in place I think cruising in most parts of the world will be pretty safe from coronavirus exposure.  Perhaps not on certain Asia cruises but those areas have already been quarantined.  If media hysteria creates a concern then just stay home but for me I would follow US CDC guidelines and warnings in making my vacation decision instead of Fox and CNN.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It won't stop me because I'm already booked. But yes, I'm nervous of being quarantined to my stateroom. If I wasn't already booked, I wouldn't consider a cruise right now. I just keep reminding myself that chances are extremely small of being quarantined and MANY ships are cruising right now with no problems. I'm also happy that my cruise is soon because later on the spread may be much worse. But even with all the worry floating around I am VERY excited for my upcoming trip 🙂 

Edited by agibeault