CoCo Cay Beach Club Open Yet? Any reviews?

fishernrex

On 2/12/2020 at 9:15 PM, fonekween said:

YES! We were there last Thursday & it was fabulous! They really did a great job with it & we're looking forward to going back!  The restaurant as well was impressive and the food was delicious. All in all, We LOVED it 🙂

Few questions for you:

Did it "feel" more exclusive?

Did the beach and chair areas seem calmer with fewer people compared to the other "public" areas?

Did you feel the food was on par with a speciality type restaurant?

Anything else you specifically recall besides the food being a treat for the area?

I was just there on Wednesday. As far as crowds I found I didn’t really need it since we were on the Majesty and it was the only ship there that day, so it would have been easy to find a chair and umbrella anywhere. 

However I did thoroughly enjoy it. The food was absolutely delicious, probably some of the best food the whole trip.  It did seem that the chairs in the beach club were nicer than the chairs on the rest of the island. I only paid $39 per person so I thought that was well worth it. I don’t know that I would paid much more unless there were going to be multiple large ships there for the day. 

We were only interested in sitting in a lounge chair by the water but the entire deck area looked like a lovely place to hang out if you just wanted to sit out in the ocean air with a cocktail or two.

On 2/15/2020 at 1:51 AM, chiguypaul said:

Few questions for you:

Did it "feel" more exclusive? Yes

Did the beach and chair areas seem calmer with fewer people compared to the other "public" areas? Very much calmer

Did you feel the food was on par with a speciality type restaurant? One of the best meals we had on the cruise. On a par with any of the specialty restaurants, and hands down better than anything they served in Coastal kitchen

Anything else you specifically recall besides the food being a treat for the area? Much larger and more sturdy beach umbrellas - these were full sized market umbrellas, not the flimsy ones they have on the beaches or around the free pool. The only disappointment was the beach chairs on the sand - they were the same ones they have everywhere else on the island, and they were very uncomfortable and too close together. The chairs and loungers on the deck area were very comfortable.

We were just there yesterday. Overall a great way to spend the day at Coco Cay. Even with being on Harmony, and them showing the day passes sold out, we didn’t find it at all crowded. About 2/3 of the over the water cabanas were empty all day, so that might have been why it was so laid back. We spent $65 each for the day passes, and that was about what I’d expect to pay for what we got. Much more than that would not be worth it for us.

Edited by orville99

Glad I found this thread as I booked last night the access pass which for our cruise , 13th November 2020, was $79 !! 
Does the price fluctuate / vary like the drinks packages ? I know I could keep checking and cancel and rebook .

How does it work on arrival with the day pass? Do you just rock up and find yourself a lounger or are they allocated to you on arrival? , is there a  host sort of ? 
Do they put a wristband on you like they do at the Suite area on Labadee? 

Not been to Coco Cay for years and it will be interesting to see the changes but I know the larger pool scene from what I have seen online , photos etc, is not for us, looks too brash and loud . 

Edited by heatherb1958

1 hour ago, heatherb1958 said:

Glad I found this thread as I booked last night the access pass which for our cruise , 13th November 2020, was $79 !! 
Does the price fluctuate / vary like the drinks packages ? I know I could keep checking and cancel and rebook .

How does it work on arrival with the day pass? Do you just rock up and find yourself a lounger or are they allocated to you on arrival? , is there a  host sort of ? 
Do they put a wristband on you like they do at the Suite area on Labadee? 

Not been to Coco Cay for years and it will be interesting to see the changes but I know the larger pool scene from what I have seen online , photos etc, is not for us, looks too brash and loud . 

We've checked all of our booked cruises between now and 2022, and the lowest price we've seen was $79pp. Some of the cruises were as high as $199pp. Even the 4 night and 3-night cruises on smaller ships were anywhere from $79 to $119pp.

Everything in the club is first come-first served. There is a host at the clubhouse for making your lunch reservations. You will get a wristband when you first go in.

Edited by orville99

27 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We've checked all of our booked cruises between now and 2022, and the lowest price we've seen was $79pp. Some of the cruises were as high as $199pp. Even the 4 night and 3-night cruises on smaller ships were anywhere from $79 to $119pp.

Everything in the club is first come-first served. There is a host at the clubhouse for making your lunch reservations. You will get a wristband when you first go in.

thank you for your quick reply.

Is the lunch a buffet or made to order ? If it is to order can you have more than one main, I.e make a surf and turf ? 
We will probably skip breakfast that day so we can get there as soon as we dock. 

51 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Did you take the special trolley from the ship directly to the Club?  I’m already booked for 2 of my Oasis cruises. Been to the new Coco Cay a few times & it does get crowded & noisy but still enjoyed especially Shake Shack. 

15 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

thank you for your quick reply.

Is the lunch a buffet or made to order ? If it is to order can you have more than one main, I.e make a surf and turf ? 
We will probably skip breakfast that day so we can get there as soon as we dock. 

Lunch is a combination of a buffet for appetizers, and a plated main served at the table (I doubt anything RCL cooks is made to order anywhere on the ship or the island). We only had one main, but the people at the next table appeared to have had more than one each. We ate breakfast onboard, and still got to the club by 9:30.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Did you take the special trolley from the ship directly to the Club?  I’m already booked for 2 of my Oasis cruises. Been to the new Coco Cay a few times & it does get crowded & noisy but still enjoyed especially Shake Shack. 

Their trolley system is actually two separate routes - the first one takes you from the ship to the island, and then you take a second trolley that goes to all the stops on the island. The club stop is about halfway along the route. We took the first trolley from the dock to the island, but walked from there to the club - it was a lot faster than waiting in line for the island trolley.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Their trolley system is actually two separate routes - the first one takes you from the ship to the island, and then you take a second trolley that goes to all the stops on the island. The club stop is about halfway along the route. We took the first trolley from the dock to the island, but walked from there to the club - it was a lot faster than waiting in line for the island trolley.

There is actually a cart, that takes you directly from the ship to the club and vice a versa. If you don't see it, just wait a minute or 2 and will appear. It has a large sign in the window that states Beach club, so you know which one it is. You can of course as stated above take the regular one and then stop at another area and get on another one, which makes multiple stops. But in my opinion, I paid for the premium service, and want to get there quickly in the morning, so I take the direct route.

7 minutes ago, islandwannabee said:

There is actually a cart, that takes you directly from the ship to the club and vice a versa. If you don't see it, just wait a minute or 2 and will appear. It has a large sign in the window that states Beach club, so you know which one it is. You can of course as stated above take the regular one and then stop at another area and get on another one, which makes multiple stops. But in my opinion, I paid for the premium service, and want to get there quickly in the morning, so I take the direct route.

Not saying they don't exist, but we were on the dock for more than 10 minutes waiting for any tram to show up, and never saw any that had that sign. We also spent all day at the club and never saw one pull up with that sign. If there was one that made that route, it still would have been quicker to do what we did.

Just now, orville99 said:

Not saying they don't exist, but we were on the dock for more than 10 minutes waiting for any tram to show up, and never saw any that had that sign. We also spent all day at the club and never saw one pull up with that sign. If there was one that made that route, it still would have been quicker to do what we did.

I guess we can agree to disagree, have been there 2 times in the last 12 days and always used the special tram, with little or no wait. Either way you choose to ride, will still get you where you want to be.

27 minutes ago, islandwannabee said:

There is actually a cart, that takes you directly from the ship to the club and vice a versa. 

We won't visit the Beach Club until early June, so it may change.  However, where did you wait for the tram to pick you up at the ship?