Blue Kay or Nohoch Kay beach club day

LSKC

Deciding between Blue Kay (read they had decent beach snorkeling?) and Nohoch Kay for our March cruise. I'd love to hear from people that have been to either spot this past while and what was the conditions of the beach - the food options - did you try snorkeling - clean bathroom facilities? Photos of food, beach, etc appreciated also. 🙂

mitsugirly has reviews and pictures in her signature  of Blue Kay. And could have pictures of NoHoch Kay, but would be several years back..

I haven't been in Mahahual now in about 3 years (going next week), but do know that both clubs seemed to have changed from that time.  There was a time when NoHoch Kay appeared to be going down hill after original owner left. And certainly based on latest social media I've seen, the menu is totally different and limited in selection and what you can order.  I believe Blue Kay has new management too.  Owner is absentee and never visits. But seems to be holding its own in reviews. I don't consider snorkeling along the beach in that area to be that good, but you could find more sea life up at Blue Kay. 

• Like 1

Blue Key is a little quieter, even now that they have introduced an all inclusive area. We have gone there for many years, last time in April 2019.  Snorkeling is not great compared to other ports likely on a cruise that stops there.  The food is very good.  We get ceviche and guacamole but I have looked at other menus items being delivered and it all looks very good.  As mentioned above, check out mitsugirly’s reviews for more.  

25 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

My choice would be Blue Kay. We have enjoyed our time and snorkeling there a few times. I can't say I really liked Nohoch but a lot of people on here like it and the owner. 

Go HERE to see my reviews and pictures on both places 

It’s been a while since you were there Mitsu, and it isn't mentioned on here much anymore. I am not sure if you went when it was in transition to the new owner?

Edited by c-leg5

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

It’s been a while since you were there Mitsu, and it isn't mentioned on here much anymore. I am not sure if you went when it was in transition to the new owner?

New owner at? Blue Kay or Nohoch? If you are referring to BK, the very first time we went is when they had new owners and I'm almost sure we were probably the first to go there (on the boards) and report back about the place. Then a lot of people started going there after my picture review. It was just so pretty and peaceful. I did a lot of research, trying to find the perfect spot, and looked at google earth and brought down the "person" to walk along the beach looking at the places and discovered Blue Kay (which used to be called Blue Bay then the new owners took over and renamed it). It used to be a part of the hotel there and I contacted them about the place (which they split from the hotel)....and eventually found out everything I needed to know and ended up there for the first time. Things have changed a lot with the place each time we go there but the beach and area there still remain one of the prettiest, I think, along the malecon. Last time we were there they had built the apartment looking buildings on it (where before they just had the little huts).

I would still go there in a heartbeat over any of the other beaches along there.