Changes to Asia sailings.

upwarduk

16 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Great prices for those cruises too. 

For the moment, all non-suite categories are priced the same. For example, Inside categories 9-12 are all the same price, etc.

Likewise balcony categories are all the same, including CC and AQ. A great deal if you like AQ and Blu. 

1 minute ago, BEAV said:

For the moment, all non-suite categories are priced the same. For example, Inside categories 9-12 are all the same price, etc.

Likewise balcony categories are all the same, including CC and AQ. A great deal if you like AQ and Blu. 

Hoping for good pricing for cruises from Los Angeles. If anyone sees the LA cruises available for booking...please post on this thread. 

1 hour ago, az_tchr said:

Celebrity announced a series of 3/4/5 day cruises mostly out of Los Angeles where firefighters etc. will be offered free or deeply discounted cruises. The displaced RCCL ship is offered free cruises in Australia for firefighters.

Expect details soon. The article on this was published in Sydney AU.

Thanks. I saw those articles. Hubby retired from the fire service in California a few months ago. I'm hoping he will be eligible for the discounts. If he isn't, hopefully his former colleagues will be. 

We did snag a reservation for a Pacific northwest cruise at a very nice rate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, az_tchr said:

I certainly sympathize. My grandkids had a holiday planned that started with a cruise on Millenium followed by 2 weeks in the UK. They were independent travellers. It took many hours to contact everyone and cancell, but EVERY provider from auto and accommodation to ferry travel cancelled with full refund.

Celebrity people in Miami got the same information as you and I. They hoped to simply change ports - made sense to me - and that plan quickly changed with the ports shutting access.

I’m glad you’re grandkids got full refunds, unfortunately for us that’s not the case! We’ve had to pay fees for our BA flight and also for the new flight we had to add from Seoul to Tokyo when we re-routed after the China cruise was moved and we can’t get a refund on the Heathrow hotel pre cruise either......so adding those costs to the charges to re-arrange our Shanghai flight we’re well out of pocket at the moment....  It’s all the time everything takes as well but I know there’s a lot of others in my situation too - I just wish Celebrity had given us options rather than a straight cancel.....

22 hours ago, az_tchr said:

If Corona is as widespread as it now appears a vaccine should be available this fall. The good thing is looking like many contract the virus with few if any symptoms. The person then develops immunity.  Agree Corona will continue for months but a Worldwide pandemic unlikely. China is going to take a huge economic hit along with shipping and the natural resources China consumes. US stores likely to see product shortages starting in April of Chinese goods.

I spent a good part of my career in R&D developing vaccines.  First how does it follow that a widespread coronavirus leads to a vaccine?? That really is extremely optimistic and highly unlikely.  Even if there was a potential vaccine in hand today (there is not), it would take a very long time to test its safety and efficacy.  Those tests might be initially limited to a population in a part of China where the disease has a high enough infection rate to generate enough human data to test the efficacy.  China would need to develop it or allow its testing.  That is also not easy.  It is misleading to give people hope about a quick vaccine fix.  

• Like 3

Booked two AQ rooms on the April 30 11 night cruise.     Cost came in at $1,098 pp -  port and taxes are a bit high at $306 pp.   If interested at least put a hold on a room as when I checked this morning they were only showing cabins on deck 11 available for AQ.    May be a lot on hold that will free up later today.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Booked two AQ rooms on the April 30 11 night cruise.     Cost came in at $1,098 pp -  port and taxes are a bit high at $306 pp.   If interested at least put a hold on a room as when I checked this morning they were only showing cabins on deck 11 available for AQ.    May be a lot on hold that will free up later today.

They are showing a lot higher in the UK? Approx $2,400 for veranda, Aqua or concierge? 🙁

Would have been nice if they had given those cancelled the chance book first too! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 6:03 PM, BEAV said:

Celebrity is obviously fast at work coming up with newly-created itineraries. The Port of San Francisco website was updated yesterday (Feb 11) to show Millennium will call on March 27/28 and April 4. 

https://sfport.com/sites/default/files/Cruises/Docs/2020.pdf

The Port of SF website was updated Feb. 25 and Millie's calls there on March 27/28 and April 4 have been removed

https://sfport.com/sites/default/files/Cruises/Docs/2020.pdf

The one previous call in Santa Barbara has now been increased to four.  March 25, April 1, 7 and 11. 

https://www.santabarbaraca.gov/gov/depts/waterfront/events/cruiseship.asp

And for Port of Los Angeles has now updated their website with calls from Millennium. 

March 20/21

March 23

March 27

March 29

March 31

April 4

April 6

April 10

April 15

April 17  

https://www.portsamerica.com/operations/cruise-los-angeles-terminal-schedule

• Thanks 2

We were on the 2/1 sailing from Singapore on the Millennium, and during that time the Princess and Holland America were quarantined. We visited 3 ports in Vietnam and then  ports were closing to us, or Celebrity chose not to take us there, and so Taiwan, Halong Bay, Thailand and Hong Kong were all cancelled.

celebrity went to all extremes to make sure we were healthy, safe and able to return home. Kudos to the Captain and the  entire staff... I am forever grateful. I might not have visited all I expected to see, but we returned home safely and healthy.

They reimbursed us for all expenses, in a timely manner,  and we look forward to cruising with Celebrity once the virus scare has ended.

• Like 1