Theme nights? How to know?

31 minutes ago, bushwhack77 said:

Hello. We've been on a few RCI cruises that have some theme night - ie 70's/disco, western, black & white, etc. How do we find this information ahead of time so we know what to pack? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

If you download the new Royal app for free, it will list the various themed night about a week or so before your cruise. 

Jonathan

6 hours ago, bushwhack77 said:

Do you know specifically where that might be listed?

Ensure you show all activities (don't filter). The info may not show until you get on the ship or it may never show. Also, it's not a given you'll have a themed party in the first place.

I do all kinds of research ahead of time.  I look for cruise compasses from previous sailings, scour these boards, read reviews, read blogs, join various groups for my ship and for my sailing in particular. My next cruise on the Mariner is a 3 night cruise and they have a 70's event and an 80's event.  I dress up for everything and take advantage of the fun!