Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
matymil

Guys vegan burger

Recommended Posts

I just found out this exists. Im not vegan but I do not eat beef, has anyone tried and if so how is it? Curious to know if they use a certain brand or if its their own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked for one this past year and was directed to the deli for one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You go to the deli for the garden burger and a bun then you can take it to Guy's to load up on the condiments like sauteed mushrooms. I thought it was similar to the vegan burgers we get at Costco which we like. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, not sure why it gets described as a "Guy's Vegan Burger" - was that the original intent, that it would be available at Guy's?  Because as far as I can remember, it is only available at the deli, and you go find your own toppings (like Guy's, but hey, try the Blue Iguana stuff too!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

You go to the deli for the garden burger and a bun then you can take it to Guy's to load up on the condiments like sauteed mushrooms. I thought it was similar to the vegan burgers we get at Costco which we like. Good luck.

  Garden Burgers are not vegan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The confusion on this is that the old school "Lido grill" (where Guy's is in most cases where that upgrade has occurred), had the veggie burgers. If a ship has Guy's the veggie burger is at the deli. 

 

I have no idea if they meet the vegan standards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, coevan said:

I do, we serve them, they are not Vegan

 Im not sure of you are specifically talking about the garden burgers on Carnival, but a lot of veggie burgers you can buy at the store are vegan. (Some are not, you are right )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coevan said:

I do, we serve them, they are not Vegan

 

I am rapidly approaching becoming vegetarian, but doubt I will ever be vegan or want to be, but just curious, how are the Garden Burgers not vegan, what is it that makes them not vegan? thanks for any clarification.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone...yeah if they are just store bought garden burgers I may just skip them. They aren't terrible but I can eat them whenever 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SMSACE6 said:

 

I am rapidly approaching becoming vegetarian, but doubt I will ever be vegan or want to be, but just curious, how are the Garden Burgers not vegan, what is it that makes them not vegan? thanks for any clarification.

 

 

 

cheese and egg, veggie burger is a generic term, Garden Burgers are a brand. as I said we sell them and are asked this question all the time

 

the original Gardenburger was made from mushrooms, onions, brown rice, rolled oats, cheese, eggs, garlic, and spices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

Do vegans eat food cooked on the same grill as beef?

Whenever I have had a veggie burger on a ship (not sure if they were vegan), it was either cooked in the back on a different grill or cooked in a pan on the regular grill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gotten the veggie burger at Guy's. They always would tell me, "give us 10 minutes", but they did not send me to the deli and they did not cook it on the same grill as the meat burgers.  Maybe they went to the deli for me.  Not sure. They are better than the Gardenburgers I get at the grocery store. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 2PinaColadas said:

I've gotten the veggie burger at Guy's. They always would tell me, "give us 10 minutes", but they did not send me to the deli and they did not cook it on the same grill as the meat burgers.  Maybe they went to the deli for me.  Not sure. They are better than the Gardenburgers I get at the grocery store. 

Unfortunately, I believe they moved veggie burgers from Guy's to the Deli back in late 2018...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CCLcruiser91 said:

Unfortunately, I believe they moved veggie burgers from Guy's to the Deli back in late 2018...

 

This sounds right from our experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vegan and burger just do not compute in my head, sorry to say veggie burgers have been assigned to the dark area as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel the same way about the beyond burger. My wife is a vegetarian and has no desire to eat something that tastes like meat.

People veggie burger is a generic term, Garden Burger is a company. A veggie burger might or might not be Vegan, a vegan burger is a veggie burger, confusing enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, coevan said:

I feel the same way about the beyond burger. My wife is a vegetarian and has no desire to eat something that tastes like meat.

People veggie burger is a generic term, Garden Burger is a company. A veggie burger might or might not be Vegan, a vegan burger is a veggie burger, confusing enough?

A beyond burger is hands down the best tasting veggie burger around. You can’t knock something you’ve never tried.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a lifelong vegetarian, I have tried almost all of the current crop of veggie burgers out there. I personally can’t wait till they start serving the Impossible Burger as an option.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one son who is a Vegan with a capital V...he would never desire a meatless burger that tastes like meat. My other son is more of a plant-based do-it-for-the-envirnoment-and-health guy...he loves Beyond burgers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, vnman63 said:

As a lifelong vegetarian, I have tried almost all of the current crop of veggie burgers out there. I personally can’t wait till they start serving the Impossible Burger as an option.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I stand corrected. The impossible burger and the beyond burgers are the best tasting vegan/veggie burgers out there. It would be great if they could offer either at guys. It wouldn’t take much to accomplish this either. An electric griddle and they’re good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I stand corrected. The impossible burger and the beyond burgers are the best tasting vegan/veggie burgers out there. It would be great if they could offer either at guys. It wouldn’t take much to accomplish this either. An electric griddle and they’re good to go.

LOL, I will take your word for it.  I wonder how many they make now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

LOL, I will take your word for it.  I wonder how many they make now?

Uh none because they don’t offer either but both would be a great meat free option to add to Guys. Give them a try you’d be surprised how delicious they are but cook the Beyond burger in a skillet because I can’t ever get them not to stick to the grill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...