Captain's Club Upgrade on Edge/Apex

kebrown

It works just like it works on any other ship in the fleet, you will be offered an E1 for an E2 price or an E2 for an E3 price and does not apply to category jumping, i.e. E Class to AQ Class.

bon voyage

• Like 1

Does anyone know how to do a Captain's Club upgrade on the Apex for a sunset veranda as I booked a cruise this week and was told that a sunset veranda is in its own category and therefore cannot use a Captain's Club upgrade.  

Edited by pateng
typo

22 minutes ago, pateng said:

Does anyone know how to do a Captain's Club upgrade on the Apex for a sunset veranda as I booked a cruise this week and was told that a sunset veranda is in its own category and therefore cannot use a Captain's Club upgrade.  

The upgrade is at booking and cannot be applied afterward.

From https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/enroll

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a super category upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Galapagos voyages. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes categories 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. On Celebrity Edge categories 12, 9, 7, 6, IO, 1B, 1A, SV, ES, E1, C2, C1, A1 are also excluded. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, pateng said:

Correct.  SV is not included in the CC one category upgrade. 

Edited by little britain

20 hours ago, kebrown said:

Does anyone know exactly how the one category Captain's Club upgrade works on the Edge/Apex?  For instance, for the price of a regular balcony cabin, what could I expect to be upgraded to on the Edge/Apex?  Thanks

I was hoping that they will enhance the Captains Club benefits on the Edge/Apex.  There aren't many regular balcony cabins on the Edge/Apex.  Perhaps for the price of an IV balcony on the Edge/Apex the could upgrade you to a balcony on an S-class ship for a similar itinerary.  😉

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I was hoping that they will enhance the Captains Club benefits on the Edge/Apex.  There aren't many regular balcony cabins on the Edge/Apex.  Perhaps for the price of an IV balcony on the Edge/Apex the could upgrade you to a balcony on an S-class ship for a similar itinerary.  😉

Not sure if there is any precedent for having different Captain;s Club benefits for certain ships.  It is a fleetwide program.  But who knows?

21 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

The upgrade is at booking and cannot be applied afterward.

From https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/enroll

One-Category Upgrade

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a super category upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Galapagos voyages. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes categories 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. On Celebrity Edge categories 12, 9, 7, 6, IO, 1B, 1A, SV, ES, E1, C2, C1, A1 are also excluded. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings.

If I'm reading that correctly then, the only upgrades possible on Edge Class are 11->10, E4->E3, and E3->E2.  Does that sound right?

1 hour ago, timf2001 said:

If I'm reading that correctly then, the only upgrades possible on Edge Class are 11->10, E4->E3, and E3->E2.  Does that sound right?

No. You are also missing the upgrades from E2->E1, also A3->A2, A2->A1. Also looks like C3->C2. When they say E1 or A1 excluded I think it means you just cant upgrade to a different class altogether (nothing above E1 in that class). 

I just booked E2 on Apex and was upgraded to E1 cabin location.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, bauermj said:

No. You are also missing the upgrades from E2->E1, also A3->A2, A2->A1. Also looks like C3->C2. When they say E1 or A1 excluded I think it means you just cant upgrade to a different class altogether (nothing above E1 in that class). 

I just booked E2 on Apex and was upgraded to E1 cabin location.

Thanks for the clarification.  What threw me off was they call out excluding A1 on Edge class but not the other ships, even though presumably you could never upgrade from A1 on any ship because the next better category is a Sky Suite.

17 hours ago, timf2001 said:

I read it so that the mentioned categories cannot be upgraded FROM. Ie. you can also upgrade from cat. 10 to 9, but NOT from 9 to 8 (which is also another stateroom category, som that makes complete sense). However, you can upgrade from 8 to 7.

Again, that's just how I interpret the terms.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that my parents-in-law got a 1B->1A upgrade on Edge on our December 2019 cruise. No questions asked, but that should not be possible according to the terms (which may, however, have been altered after we booked in June 2019).