Medallion first drink free?

sunsetme

Not sure how long they will offer the first drink free thing with the Medallion App, but enjoy it if it's available. I didn't order one on the App because I didn't really carry my phone around. My husband did, and we were sitting at the Sea View Bar. The waiter had a fun time trying to find him.  DH waved him down.... He did not get charged gratuity for it, but he had the PBP, so maybe it was not properly counted as the 'free' drink. Don't know.  

We used the App to order the free drink. My DD and her friend had a separate cabin and charge account's did not see any gratuity charged for this transaction. The DW and I didn't either.  Not sure what the DD or her friend ordered but I know it was something that was fruity and sweet. I did martinis for this cruise (Scotch is my preferred drink) and the DD likes Scotch mixed with 7-Up or ginger ale.

After the freebie it was dirty martinis with extra olives and a side of stuffed olives when available. 

Happy Trails 🍸

IMG_20200207_195904818.jpg

Edited by BigWaveDave87
  • Like 1

image.png.c688fe83b46b256723a6c0f1de7dc007.png

Love this drink. I have several things I regularly drink onboard.

24k Gold Margarita (on the rocks in a rocks glass -- I have to train them each time for this one)

Chairman of the Board Martini (straight up with a twist)

Bulleit Bourbon (straight up)

Bulleit Rye (straight up - I can only get this on certain ships with the expanded whiskey menu)

Talisker 12 Year (straight up)

Spellbound Petite Sirah (at Vines but they seem to have removed it from their options so we'll have to find a new favorite that falls within the boundaries of the beverage package)

When I'm having whiskey straight up I usually get a double. I've never had a problem getting a double with the beverage package. When I get a Chairman of the Board to take with me to the theater I have them put it in a rocks glass. Much easier to carry.

• Like 1

Sounds interesting I might have to go outside of my comfort zone and try one on by cruise next month.  I've been drinking my Cognac over 40yrs and I know what my limit is so I can make it back to my cabin without help, but I guess this old dog can still learn something new.  I'm going to go outside of my box and try one and I"ll let you know how it turns out. !!  Thank for the info.

23 minutes ago, Thrak said:

image.png.c688fe83b46b256723a6c0f1de7dc007.png

Love this drink. I have several things I regularly drink onboard.

24k Gold Margarita (on the rocks in a rocks glass -- I have to train them each time for this one)

Chairman of the Board Martini (straight up with a twist)

Bulleit Bourbon (straight up)

Bulleit Rye (straight up - I can only get this on certain ships with the expanded whiskey menu)

Talisker 12 Year (straight up)

Spellbound Petite Sirah (at Vines but they seem to have removed it from their options so we'll have to find a new favorite that falls within the boundaries of the beverage package)

When I'm having whiskey straight up I usually get a double. I've never had a problem getting a double with the beverage package. When I get a Chairman of the Board to take with me to the theater I have them put it in a rocks glass. Much easier to carry.

Just curious when you order a double of whiskey-do they charge you for two drinks off your package? 

10 minutes ago, danak13 said:

Just curious when you order a double of whiskey-do they charge you for two drinks off your package? 

That would be correct. They are not going to give you a double as one drink when there is a $12 limit per drink 

• Haha 1

Raspberry Romance in Crooners was my go to. It helped calm my stomach when it was rocky lol We tried most drinks, all that we liked anyways. Our new friends in Crooners started making us things that they used to make but were no longer on the menu. That was always fun. lol

• Like 1