Transfer from Houston Hobby airport to Royal Caribbean cruise terminal at Galveston?

jm313506

On 2/21/2020 at 12:05 PM, ssb said:

Sure you are right.  The island is 32 miles long;  and you were at end of island opposite of touristy downtown , where there are little, if any conveniences.   But that was a  choice to be  20 plus miles from town.                  I did say the trolley covered most . Obviously not 20 miles out. 

It is definitely nice 20 + miles out there,  and by choice less expensive on lodging .  

The compromise !

Relax and enjoy the solitude with inconvenience to drive in everywhere ,

or enjoy what Galveston the island  in town has to offer as a tourist destination .

It sounds with rent vehicle and lodging for large group,

the west end 20 + miles out is an viable option !

Another option are Vacation Rentals in town !

Galveston has around 2500 short term rentals . 

As example see options for larger homes all over town. 

Short Term Rental Owners Association of Galveston. 

stroag.org 

You keep trying to make this fit your narrative.  I'm just stating the facts of why renting a minivan and paying for parking worked better for us.  I don't have an agenda.

The condo at Pointe West wasn't less expensive, believe me.  I looked at rentals all over the island and this one fit our wants.  I could have found much less expensive options closer to the port, but they weren't what we wanted.  The 3 bedroom condo we rented had the modern furnishings, space and location that we wanted.  We fully enjoyed the tourist areas of Galveston as well, we just had to drive 20 minutes to get into town, which was fine because once we were there we made the day of it.  Loved all the shopping and dining downtown.  If anything we saw much more of the island than the standard tourist that plops down in the "tourist area" and doesn't venture out from there.  We enjoyed our driving around the island, as it gave us a better appreciation for the entire island.

Cheers, do what works for you.

Dan