Coco Cay - Is it worth the price?

ecormier

We are bringing our family on the Anthem of the Seas during the March Break. We had planned to purchase water park passes for six of our family members, four grandchildren and our two sons. There will be two ships in port that day and ours arrives two hours after the other ship arrives. Will there be huge lineups for the water slides and other activities in the water park? Do they limit the number of passes sold? Will we feel we overpaid for this outing? Will both ships be able to dock? Would you recommend another excursion at the port? 

Any and all information to help help us decide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Betty

20 hours ago, ecormier said:

We are bringing our family on the Anthem of the Seas during the March Break. We had planned to purchase water park passes for six of our family members, four grandchildren and our two sons. There will be two ships in port that day and ours arrives two hours after the other ship arrives. Will there be huge lineups for the water slides and other activities in the water park? Do they limit the number of passes sold? Will we feel we overpaid for this outing? Will both ships be able to dock? Would you recommend another excursion at the port? 

Any and all information to help help us decide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Betty

I cannot answer most of your questions, but you may wish to check out the pricing for the Thrill Water Park Cabanas. The rental comes with passes and the price works our better for our group, with the added benefit of having the cabana!

Definitely not worth the cabana for 6 people for my cruise in May. Water park tickets are 83.99*6=503.94. The 6 person cabana which includes those 6 tickets is a whopping 998.99 currently! But definitely worth checking/monitoring.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

2 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Definitely not worth the cabana for 6 people for my cruise in May. Water park tickets are 83.99*6=503.94. The 6 person cabana which includes those 6 tickets is a whopping 998.99 currently! But definitely worth checking/monitoring.

The water park tickets for our sailing are $131 pp,  marked down from their regular price!

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Honestly, does RCCL have to charge this level of pricing? Seems a bit much. I have a feeling I'll get there and were wishing I was on Labadee instead. 

Of course, you do not have to choose to pay for anything on the island, as there is much to do for free.

You can always stay onboard and enjoy the ship while the hoards are ashore (which we may do), lol!

1 hour ago, sippican said:

You can always stay onboard and enjoy the ship while the hoards are ashore (which we may do), lol!

We may well wind up doing this also!  I'd really like to take the snorkel gear along and check out Chill Island and, of course, the buffet lunch. Most disappointing is that RCCL made no provisions for suite guests like on Labadee. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 1:59 PM, OnTheJourney said:

Honestly, does RCCL have to charge this level of pricing? Seems a bit much. I have a feeling I'll get there and were wishing I was on Labadee instead. 

While I love Labadee, I also like Coco Cay now that it's been renovated.  There are MANY more loungers available and NUMEROUS and FREE umbrellas.  (My previous trip to Coco Cay, I had trouble finding loungers and shade was non-existent). 

If all you want is an uncomplicated and FREE beach day, it's very easy to do that on the new Coco Cay.

• Like 1