Room service

yvrbos

5 hours ago, CruisinDawn said:

We will be on board the Equinox next week and was looking forward to ordering MDR food from room service. If it's not on the TV I assume you just call room service & ask for the food from the menu on the app? We are in a Concierge, hope the comment that it's only for the PH cabin isn't true. My husband is not even bringing pants let alone a collared shirt this cruise 🤣 so we not even going inside the MDR all week.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Available for all rooms...Just phone...Best to choose a desert that doesn’t melt! The advantage of being in a suite is you can ask for it to be served course by course, generally all your courses come together.

Shorts are fine in the buffet so don’t forget they do have a grill station for steaks, salmon, lamb...We love the Indian section, worth an evening buffet visit on its own merits...

Do remind your husband that he doesn’t need to dress up for the MDR...lightweight trousers and a polo are perfectly adequate if you do fancy visiting it one evening...

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

Are you expected to tip whoever brings your room service even if you have prepaid gratuities? On our previous Royal Caribbean cruise with prepaid gratuities we would often order continental breakfast items and we never tipped? Obviously I know it is not mandatory, but is it “the norm” to tip room service?   

3 minutes ago, med_cruising said:

Are you expected to tip whoever brings your room service even if you have prepaid gratuities? On our previous Royal Caribbean cruise with prepaid gratuities we would often order continental breakfast items and we never tipped? Obviously I know it is not mandatory, but is it “the norm” to tip room service?   

A couple of bucks is always appreciated especially if I've ordered specific  items off the menu.  

• Like 1

If some staff member has lugged my breakfast the length of the ship and up to whatever deck we’re on, i’ll happily contribute $5 or so for the effort.

My motto is “standard gratuities cover standard services” anything above and beyond gets a little more.

• Like 1

We generally give $2 per normal breakfast delivery from room service. It is a luxury that we appreciate and the delivery person (who is generally not our room steward) is always helpful and happy. It is a small token. If we have dinner it is $5 tip, but that only happens if we are hung-over... I mean... not feeling well. Not that we are wealthy in anyone's mind, but we know that if we are lucky enough to cruise, bringing an extra $10-20 for room service tips isn't going to break the bank and it means a lot to the staff (and their families).

You do not NEED to tip for a delivery, but we find it appropriate.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

If some staff member has lugged my breakfast the length of the ship and up to whatever deck we’re on, i’ll happily contribute $5 or so for the effort.

I'm curious to know if it's the same person from the kitchen that actually delivers to your cabin or is there a process involved. That seems quite a distance for 1 person.  Many including myself order breakfast in the stateroom between 7 and 7 30

18 hours ago, chemmo said:

Available for all rooms...Just phone...Best to choose a desert that doesn’t melt! The advantage of being in a suite is you can ask for it to be served course by course, generally all your courses come together.

Shorts are fine in the buffet so don’t forget they do have a grill station for steaks, salmon, lamb...We love the Indian section, worth an evening buffet visit on its own merits...

Do remind your husband that he doesn’t need to dress up for the MDR...lightweight trousers and a polo are perfectly adequate if you do fancy visiting it one evening...

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

Great news! Don't eat dessert so I am good there. We have just decided for a HUGE change we are going to the buffet or order room service for dinner each night. Love Indian food and looking forward to the grill. For the past 33 cruises we have only done the MDR or Speciality so stepping way outside the box this cruise. Thanks for the info!

Bon Voyage

Dawna

On 2/14/2020 at 5:33 PM, 1pinehurst said:

Room service must have changed since my last Celebrity Cruise as only Concierge and above were allowed to order hot breakfast items. Also no MDR room for room service if not in a PH. If this true I am really looking forward to our April Cruise with a balcony cabin.

Sorry. but MDR has been available in all rooms for at least 25 years, I know because we did it in the 90s when the kids were little.

2 minutes ago, CruisinDawn said:

Great news! Don't eat dessert so I am good there. We have just decided for a HUGE change we are going to the buffet or order room service for dinner each night. Love Indian food and looking forward to the grill. For the past 33 cruises we have only done the MDR or Speciality so stepping way outside the box this cruise. Thanks for the info!

Bon Voyage

Dawna

Dawna, just go with the flow and what you fancy each day.

Make sure your better half does pack one pair of trousers so all options are open to you! I can’t imagine a cruise without a couple of ‘special’ meals so keep that in the mix...look out for offers.

We are retired now but clearly remember cruises when we just wanted to ‘chill’. Sounds like that is what you want/need...

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise!