Whale watch and then what?

dznymom

I have a ship's whale watch tour booked for next month, but I am really second guessing myself.  As much as I love whales, I am not sure we will even see any, but a lovely boat ride isn't the worst thing in the world.  On my one previous visit here, I toured with Spencer and we had a wonderful, wonderful time.  So, part of me thinks I should cancel the whale watch and see more of the island.

But maybe my best option is to do the whale watch and try to find something to do for about 3 hours in the afternoon.  Whale watch should end at 12:15 and we leave port at 6pm.  Any suggestions for me?

Edited by dznymom

3 minutes ago, dznymom said:

I have a ship's whale watch tour booked for next month, but I am really second guessing myself.  As much as I love whales, I am not sure we will even see any, but a lovely boat ride isn't the worst thing in the world.  On my one previous visit here, I toured with Spencer and we had a wonderful, wonderful time.  So, part of me thinks I should cancel the whale watch and see more of the island.

But maybe my best option is to do the whale watch and try to find something to do for about 3 hours in the afternoon.  Whale watch should end at 12:15 and we leave port at 6pm.  Any suggestions for me?

If you want to do the whale watch, go for it. Whether you'll see whales, who knows. But the coast is beautiful, and dolphins are almost certainly guaranteed.

Afterwards, you could go over to Vigie Beach for a couple hours, get something to eat, swim, drinks, etc. There's bathrooms, chairs, shade, etc all right there. $10 one way cab ride from port, or 20-39 minute walk.. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

If you want to do the whale watch, go for it. Whether you'll see whales, who knows. But the coast is beautiful, and dolphins are almost certainly guaranteed.

Afterwards, you could go over to Vigie Beach for a couple hours, get something to eat, swim, drinks, etc. There's bathrooms, chairs, shade, etc all right there. $10 one way cab ride from port, or 20-39 minute walk.. 

Thank you so much, that sounds perfect.  I just looked at some pictures and it looks lovely and exactly the type of place we enjoy!