Least favourite thing preparing for a cruise.

Adawn47

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Hoping the penguin suit still fits.... 

Always put it off as don't want to admit I might have gained a few pound... 😊

Andy 

Frank has that covered. He has one with an adjustable waistband. Always a good thing to have during a cruise. 😉

• Like 1

If it's a fly cruise, the whole airport thing!  Going from Southampton, sitting in the taxi on the way to the terminal trying not to think about what I've forgotten.   Then not really coming under getting ready for a cruise - on return, UNPACKING!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Frank has that covered. He has one with an adjustable waistband. Always a good thing to have during a cruise. 😉

Good shout, I'm Googling as we speak... 

I have the M&S stretchy pants, but there is only so far you can push the boundaries 😊

Andy 

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

Good shout, I'm Googling as we speak... 

I have the M&S stretchy pants, but there is only so far you can push the boundaries 😊

Andy 

Frank's dinner suit was bought from M&S. It's a Per Una if you're interested. 

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thank you, but the sensible option is to stop eating rubbish between cruises as I do enough of that onboard... 😊

Andy 

Ah, but you see that's when the adjustable waistband comes into it's own. It'll fit you even at the end of the cruise.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thank you, but the sensible option is to stop eating rubbish between cruises as I do enough of that onboard... 😊

Andy 

Andy I'm shocked! Are you saying that the food onboard is rubbish? (Only joking)!  😁

• Haha 1

Not sure it counts as a job but ...
Driving down the M18/M1 Mrs say's "Did you lock the door, put the house alarm on ?
it's like been on a mobile version of Mastermind .
Passing  Oxford  it can turn to " i  know what I should have packed"
By the time we hit Winchester she is in holiday/cruise mode and happy in the fact
that  she can buy that bottle of hair conditioner in Southampton as being a civilised place ,
they too have shops ,just like they do in Yorkshire that sell things like that.
About now I  join her in said holiday cruise mode .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

Packing, airport security & queues! As with any holiday we go on, my husband and I always end up arguing when it comes to the packing stage as I have to nag him repeatedly to select what shirts/trousers/shoes etc that he wants to take.  The number of times I then go to pack e.g. one of his shirts and find that he’s already worn it after assuring me that everything in the wardrobe is clean UGH!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Driving down the M18/M1 Mrs say's "Did you lock the door, put the house alarm on ?
Ii's like been on a mobile version of Mastermind .
By the time we hit Winchester she is in holiday/cruise mode and happy in the fact
that  she can buy that bottle of hair conditioner in Southampton as being a civilised place ,

I sympathise with your wife, we were on the M40 about 1.5 hours into our journey last November when I became convinced that I had not locked our door.  I had to ring my niece and ask her to round to our house and check and if necessary to lock up for us.  Needless to say it was a false alarm but until she called back I was really worried.

• Like 2

I love it all.. the research, the sorting of rarely worn dressy clothes, even the airport when necessary, or staying in  Southampton which we make part of our holiday …….… but, much earlier, I hate the long , but necessary, boring, intrusive chat with the Travel Insurance Company.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I sympathise with your wife, we were on the M40 about 1.5 hours into our journey last November when I became convinced that I had not locked our door.  I had to ring my niece and ask her to round to our house and check and if necessary to lock up for us.  Needless to say it was a false alarm but until she called back I was really worried.

So it's not just us then 😉

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

What's all this about ironing?  I certainly don't iron before I go?  My clothes were washed and ironed and put away.  Why would I need to iron them again?  I simply pack, my husband does his own.

We have certain things that we only wear on holiday. Those are washed, dried, aired and put away. I iron those when I'm ready for packing. The others are because my husband doesn't LOOK for his clothes in the wardrobe he rummages so it's more a case of re - ironing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

it's like been on a mobile version of Mastermind .

Ha, Ha... I have the same on a 20 minute journey over the Itchen Bridge!! 😊😊

Andy 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

We have certain things that we only wear on holiday. Those are washed, dried, aired and put away. I iron those when I'm ready for packing. The others are because my husband doesn't LOOK for his clothes in the wardrobe he rummages so it's more a case of re - ironing. 

Yep, we now have a 'cruise rail' for all the stuff we don't wear in between, cocktail dresses, penguin suit, football shirt for the MDR... 😊

Andy 

• Like 2