Hotels sold out for March 2021 in port canaveral,

Connie bee

We have just booked Harmony of the seas for March 28th 2021. Went online and everything is sold out in Port Canaveral already. Would I have better luck calling the hotels? Any suggestions where to stay?

Edited by Connie bee
added

2 minutes ago, Connie bee said:

We have just booked Harmony of the seas for March 28th 2021. Went online and everything is sold out in Port Canaveral already. Would I have better luck calling the hotels? Any suggestions where to stay?

You are likely just too early to book for March 2021.  

• Like 3

I just looked at hotels for April, 2021 and found the same thing.  I've run into this in Ft. Lauderdale and was told they don't open for booking this early.  I plan to call to verify.  

BTW, my TA recommended the Radisson Port Canaveral so I'm going with them.  Flying into Orlando so they will send a shuttle to pick me up when I fly in...and then there's a shuttle to get me to the cruiseport.  Easy peasy.

Edited by lola2013

9 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

I just looked at hotels for April, 2021 and found the same thing.  I've run into this in Ft. Lauderdale and was told they don't open for booking this early.  I plan to call to verify.  

BTW, my TA recommended the Radisson Port Canaveral so I'm going with them.  Flying into Orlando so they will send a shuttle to pick me up when I fly in...and then there's a shuttle to get me to the cruiseport.  Easy peasy.

I would verify the airport shuttle pickup.  Radisson does have a shuttle to the cruise port but never heard of one to the airport 45 minutes away.

Edit:  Just looked at website, says to ask about airport shuttle serving Orlando, Melbourne and Sanford airports.

Edited by reallyitsmema

Thanks...my TA told me to mention shuttle pick-up to the hotel when I book the reservation.  An airport so far away wasn't a consideration when I booked the trip.  I typically fly into Ft. Lauderdale and that's a short trip to the hotel.

4 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Thanks...my TA told me to mention shuttle pick-up to the hotel when I book the reservation.  An airport so far away wasn't a consideration when I booked the trip.  I typically fly into Ft. Lauderdale and that's a short trip to the hotel.

We always do a one way rental car when we sail from Port Canaveral.  There are no one way drop off fees in Florida, so we usually can get a car for around $30.  This gives us the flexibility to drive to a restaurant at the port for dinner and watch the ships sail and also do some last minute shopping for wine, water, etc.  We return car morning of cruise and take rental shuttle to port.  We typically stay at the Residence Inn and rent from Hertz which is located in the same parking lot as the hotel.

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We always do a one way rental car when we sail from Port Canaveral.  There are no one way drop off fees in Florida, so we usually can get a car for around $30.  This gives us the flexibility to drive to a restaurant at the port for dinner and watch the ships sail and also do some last minute shopping for wine, water, etc.  We return car morning of cruise and take rental shuttle to port.  We typically stay at the Residence Inn and rent from Hertz which is located in the same parking lot as the hotel.

Thanks...I'm travelling solo on this trip so will feel more confident with someone else doing the driving!  

• Like 1

Thank You everyone!  I wish it would have said it was to early for booking in March 2021, instead of saying sold out! I will give them a call.

Lola 2013 We stayed at the Radisson  back a few years ago and liked it there.

2 hours ago, lola2013 said:

We stayed at the Radisson Port Canaveral years ago and really liked it. It was the only time we cruise from Port Canaveral. We usually cruise out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

Edited by Connie bee
  • Like 1

Agreed, it's too early.  There are always hotel rooms in PC available.  I've never, ever seen them all sold out months ahead of time. We normally book 6-8 months out and stay at the Radisson.  We'll be there in Nov.  We made those reservations in early Dec.    Heck, there are rooms available for next week, so as I said, never seen the Radisson sold out.  Full the day we check in, but never ahead of time.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Connie bee said:

This always happens to me when I try to book about a year out.  I think that hotels open up around 11 months or so.  Hilton is adding a Home2 Suites and a Hampton Inn -- looks like they are near the Homewood Suites.  

35 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

This always happens to me when I try to book about a year out.  I think that hotels open up around 11 months or so.  Hilton is adding a Home2 Suites and a Hampton Inn -- looks like they are near the Homewood Suites.  

Yep, right behind Homewood

There is also a new hotel finishing behind the Raddison.  I think it's in the Marriott family.

Adding capacity for Mardi Gras this fall is my guess.

No idea when Doubletree will ever reopen 

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, right behind Homewood

There is also a new hotel finishing behind the Raddison.  I think it's in the Marriott family.

Adding capacity for Mardi Gras this fall is my guess.

No idea when Doubletree will ever reopen 

Looks like the new Home2 Suites and Hampton open either at the end of the year or early next year.  

The hotel behind the Raddison is a Spring Hill Suites -- just booked for December. 

3 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Looks like the new Home2 Suites and Hampton open either at the end of the year or early next year.  

The hotel behind the Raddison is a Spring Hill Suites -- just booked for December. 

Mardi Gras arrives mid November. Over two months behind schedule. 

Hotel

We usually  stay at the Radisson inn at Cape and usually book the Air, Hotel ,Shuttle at same time . I book air as soon as SOUTHWEST AIR opens bookings for our time frame. about 10months ahead. The Radisson has a Cruise and Fly program  also if interested..  We book the Radisson  Inn get info , next the Cortrans shuttle service both ways to Orlando airport.  We found everything has worked  out well. the shuttle is excellent service, the Inn is a great start for a vacation .We are cruising on the Harmony Seas in Feb 21 also. Enjoy your cruise.

kruise kat, kruise runner

Edited by kruise runner
  • Like 1

THese hotels and the ones  in Fort lauderdale usually always say sold out  until around 11 months out.In Fort lauderdal most hamptons saying same for feb. Going there for cruise next week and they will open for 21 in feb for my back to back in a few weeks. Bob

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I remember the first Mardi Gras in the 70s -- she got stuck on a sandbar on her first cruise out of Miami.  We cruised on a sister ship, Carnivale, and it was pretty bad -- we had to use our hair dryers in the gym because they were too strong for the voltage limit in the stateroom.  The waiters tried to pick up our plates before we were through.