Can you see your Future Cruise Credit?

IPB4IGO

We recently booked a cruise and found out later that a FCC (for some missed ports on a cruise last year) had been applied to the fare. That's great, but it leads me to wonder whether I could have looked up any FCC I had on the books, including when they expire.

• 5 months later...

For whatever it's worth, FCCs and FCDs are now available on HAL's website.  I am not sure when they added this, but I believe someone posted about this change in June.  You must log in.  Then click your NAME in the upper left portion of the screen to get to "my Account". Select "My Profile" and "Cruise Credits".

913425825_Annotation2020-07-18114402.thumb.jpg.28723dc7bd1cb2abaad1f7130d88b875.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jersey42 said:

For whatever it's worth, FCCs and FCDs are now available on HAL's website.  I am not sure when they added this, but I believe someone posted about this change in June.  You must log in.  Then click your NAME in the upper left portion of the screen to get to "my Account". Select "My Profile" and "Cruise Credits".

Still not available on my account.

No FCC.jpg

18 minutes ago, IPB4IGO said:

Still not available on my account.

Has HAL notified you that an FCC (or FCD) has been applied to your account and it still does not appear online?  Or, are you still waiting for HAL to give you an FCC?  If it is the latter, that is a whole other issue on how slow everything as been. On the other hand, if you have an email from HAL giving you an FCC, and it does not show online, then I have no idea. Did you check to see if the mariner numbers on the email and your web account match???  For what it's worth, my FCC was granted in April 2020 and the FCD was from January 2020.

Up until a month or so ago, HAL did not show this information on the customer website.  I would have to call HAL or a TA and ask.  Some of the other cruise lines have shown this info on line for years, so I am glad HAL has finally added it.

I cancelled an April cruise in March (unfortunately about 10 days before HAL cancelled it). I got a partial refund to my cc, but no email about the FCC which I was supposed to get, nor does it show on the website.

7 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I cancelled an April cruise in March (unfortunately about 10 days before HAL cancelled it). I got a partial refund to my cc, but no email about the FCC which I was supposed to get, nor does it show on the website.

Same here - cancelled in March for an April cruise.  I got part back to my credit card within a week, but never saw anything about the FCC.  Then a week ago today it appeared on my HAL account (see picture above) for the correct amount, a bit over $1100 pp.  Then, two days after that the FCC disappeared and I got a notice from HAL showing it applied to my August 2021 cruise, even though I had told my PCC to apply it to my Jan 2021 cruise.  NOW, 2 days after that, HAL cancels my August cruise!!  What a mess!

6 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Same here - cancelled in March for an April cruise.  I got part back to my credit card within a week, but never saw anything about the FCC.  Then a week ago today it appeared on my HAL account (see picture above) for the correct amount, a bit over $1100 pp.  Then, two days after that the FCC disappeared and I got a notice from HAL showing it applied to my August 2021 cruise, even though I had told my PCC to apply it to my Jan 2021 cruise.  NOW, 2 days after that, HAL cancels my August cruise!!  What a mess!

Wow, that IS a mess!  We have no information yet on our FCC from the cruise we cancelled back on March 17.  No email and nothing listed on our HAL accounts.  

28 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

We canceled our March 11 cruise on March 3.  (HAL never cancelled the cruise, but all passengers ended up disembarking at the first port.  What a mess, and I am glad we did not go.) We received our refunds of port fees to our credit card the day after we cancelled,  It took about six weeks to get the promised FCC.  We were notified via email on April 21.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

If the FCC has already been applied to your booked cruise, I imagine it would not show up in that location anyway...  - unless you are expecting an additional FCC?

Back in May we received emails telling us that we had almost $3,000 in FCC between us. When I booked another cruise for 2021 the Big Box travel agent called HAL about our FCC and was told that it had been miscalculated and they would send us an updated email when they fixed it. That was some weeks ago. We haven't heard anything since.

We have only a small refundable deposit on the 2021 cruse and final payment is not due for months, so I'm not fretting about it yet.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

We are the same. Cancelled March 12th, refund of balance less deposit almost immediately, but no sign of FCC for $788 for deposit (as in accordance with message from HAL that we could cancel travel up to end of May without penalty. 

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I don't have any other cruise booked than the one I cancelled, so it can't have been applied to anything. Just not there, so far. I suppose I could call, but I was trying to give them a chance, knowing they are overrun. But it's been 4 months! That's more than enough time. I even tried using different browsers to look at my account, as someone had said they couldn't see the credits in Chrome but could in Firefox. That didn't work for me either. So here I wait.

11 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I was trying to give them a chance, knowing they are overrun. But it's been 4 months! That's more than enough time. I

You are not alone.  I cancelled early in March and still have no FCC either - more than 4 months.

• Like 1

I am wondering if it is because they did not ask us to complete any paperwork to have the deposits returned as FCC. We have just had our Maasdam cruise for January cancelled and the e mail from HAL implied that no action was required if we were happy to receive our deposit as an FCC. Going to the link, it suggests that this will only take place automatically if no decision is logged by a date in August. I completed the request for the FCC choice and got a response that my preference had been noted. Maybe they have nothing flagging our FCC's as outstanding as they have no paperwork after the refunds in March.

Thank you very much, Jersey42!

I realize my question will call for speculation and this may not be the thread on which to post, but I can't help but be curious:

Would HAL apply these thousands of dollars showing against the "new booking" that is resulting from the Grand Africa Voyage now being on the Zaandam (with a new booking number that has yet to be issued) after HAL sold the Rotterdam?

20 hours ago, kazu said:

You are not alone.  I cancelled early in March and still have no FCC either - more than 4 months.

===

I am with you in the over 4 month club waiting for FCC!   HAL cancelled March 15.   It is now 127 days.

I did get a full cash refund but the FCC is in addition because HAL cancelled at last minute.

Someone at Guest Relations gave me the nonsense that even though the cruise did not go it was not officially cancelled until May 2020 and said that it was still within 120 days.  By the way our traveling friends disputed the charge with the CC and got their money back from the Bank  and also got HAL FCC several months ago!

Peter

Edited by SFO PETER

• 2 weeks later...

I called HAL yesterday and surprisingly got right through. I told the person I spoke to that I was inquiring about the FCC since online it says I have none. He claimed that the money had been approved to be refunded to me on 7/23 (I had sent an email weeks ago about my medical issues and that I could provide a doctor's letter as to why I had cancelled). He said it would take about a week to go through. I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT! If it happens, that's great.