BIG change in inventory

gliles

I can imagine a travel group from Asia that had to cancel due to travel restrictions.  They could all have had balcony cabins.

Or perhaps multinational company could have booked balcony cabins for top producer as an incentive and the workers had relevant travel history.

In any case, I think it is limited to your ship (Anthem, perhaps based on other posts).  I am on a different ship (Harmony) on same sailing date.  There have been no big inventory changes on Harmony.  Right now I see one inside and one suite on my sailing.  There were a few other cabins earlier this week; basically the usual churn of a few cabins shortly before cruise.  I could not detect any substantial impact of Coronavirus policy announcements on cabin availability on my cruise.  (I was watching; I thought I might swap my gty assigned cabin if a better one popped up)

Edited by Starry Eyes

With 2 weeks to go before the 3/1/20 Anthem is scheduled to depart, this was most likely a mass cancellation of a group of 100 that was being paid for by some large corporation as an incentive cruise, because all 50 open cabins are Category 1D and all are right next to each other on Decks 9, 12 and 13.

At a cost of @ $1000 per person, the organization that cancelled is out @ $100K.