So where is Quantum of the Seas heading now??

Bader

1 hour ago, Bader said:

*****?? Not due in Singapore for days according to her destination info. I think we will know over the next 48 hrs what is happening i.e. heading to LA, Singapore or elsewhere. I understand they are now offering FCC for next sailing 4 Mar. I wonder if this is a phased approach to a cancellation - fill up as many cabins as possible on other cruises before ultimate cancellation.

Curious where you have heard that March 4th Sailing?  We are booked and have yet to hear anything. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Kokomo91165 said:

Curious where you have heard that March 4th Sailing?  We are booked and have yet to hear anything. Thanks!

It was a posting on the Facebook group “Quantum of the Seas”

A8237E89-CA26-4635-A1D6-4963BFFDDE0D.png

According to a post on a social site that follows quantum a person linked to a post by the cruise director.  It’s been posted the Quantum is on a 18 day sail to nowhere and hopefully will dock in Singapore.  So basically the two 9 days became a crew only cruise.   

I’m assuming this is to show the ship doesn’t have any sick crew and then if conditions improve continue to sail out of Singapore.  If things don’t improve it’s anyone’s guess what happens next.  

Last position report as of about 35 minutes ago:

Screenshot_20200218-063150_Aislive.thumb.jpg.320affbbd0aefbd43f6627de80768e6a.jpg

AIS still reports arriving in Singapore on 2/23 (2/24 local).   That may be to accept fuel and supplies but not passengers.  She had a scheduled stop on 2/24 before CV occurred so they are possibly using that scheduled port time since it's already on the books.

20200218_063331.thumb.jpg.68485c24e2c5945f2f6c9bc9fbfd772e.jpg

5 hours ago, Sail n Snow said:

According to a post on a social site that follows quantum a person linked to a post by the cruise director.  It’s been posted the Quantum is on a 18 day sail to nowhere and hopefully will dock in Singapore.  So basically the two 9 days became a crew only cruise.   

I’m assuming this is to show the ship doesn’t have any sick crew and then if conditions improve continue to sail out of Singapore.  If things don’t improve it’s anyone’s guess what happens next.  

Logical to me !

47 minutes ago, s6prs1 said:

Corona virus seems to not be getting the news coverage it was so I think RC are going to resume business as usual for quantum starting 4th March 

I am inclined to agree.  Quantum still continues on its cruise to nowhere 🙄.  She was heading SW a few hours ago but now turned NW again - just killing time by the look of it.  Interesting that she sailed towards both Penang and Phuket as if to make port but then sailed on past 🤔.

Someone has posted on Facebook stating RC has told them a decision on the 4 Mar sailing will happen in the next few days.  If they choose to sail on the 4th then I would guess that is Quantum back on schedule for Mar/Apr, subject of course to any last minute coronavirus issues.

Publication4.jpg

4 hours ago, s6prs1 said:

Corona virus seems to not be getting the news coverage it was so I think RC are going to resume business as usual for quantum starting 4th March 

Any reduction is news flow might be because they're kicking out foreign  journalists who won't cover up the situation: 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/19/china-bars-wall-street-journal-reporters-over-derogatory-column?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

As soon as the Chinese government allows people to leave their homes the virus is likely to spread quickly.  

This doesn't mean Royal won't resume Quantum cruises from Singapore but I think it would be a mistake.  

16 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Any reduction is news flow might be because they're kicking out foreign  journalists who won't cover up the situation: 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/19/china-bars-wall-street-journal-reporters-over-derogatory-column?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

As soon as the Chinese government allows people to leave their homes the virus is likely to spread quickly.  

This doesn't mean Royal won't resume Quantum cruises from Singapore but I think it would be a mistake.  

We're currently on Radiance and Royal cancelled our port stop in Bali for today but because of Australian tax laws we're in the harbor and being cleared to avoid Australian taxes.  We'll head back out in a few hours.

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

We're currently on Radiance and Royal cancelled our port stop in Bali for today but because of Australian tax laws we're in the harbor and being cleared to avoid Australian taxes.  We'll head back out in a few hours.

Sorry you missed going ashore in Bali.  Clearing in Indonesia also allows them to sell duty free booze on board! 

Really nice cruise, we did it a few years ago.  

11 hours ago, s6prs1 said:

198D9B9C-C058-404F-9947-B3303F0CEBD5.png

This is interesting according to a social media group page a TA in the UK has started giving refunds for these two cruises stating they’ve been cancelled.  However those that call RC direct are being told both cruises are still going.  

6 hours ago, Sail n Snow said:

This is interesting according to a social media group page a TA in the UK has started giving refunds for these two cruises stating they’ve been cancelled.  However those that call RC direct are being told both cruises are still going.  

I think one of the reasons that the remainder of the cruises from Singapore could be cancelled is the due to the updated details on the R.C. website in the past 24 hours to include Singapore and Thailand for the specialized screenings. Not sure how long they take but everyone would have to be done at the start and end of the cruise and also getting off and on in Phuket, Thailand.

• There will be mandatory specialized health screenings performed on:
    • Any guest who has travelled from, to, or through Iran, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, or Thailand in the past 15 days.