Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Bader

So where is Quantum of the Seas heading now??

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Sail n Snow said:


Yup and now with an outbreak in Italy they may need to calculate what to do with Cruises in the Mediterranean if things spread.   There are still too many unknowns so RC is taking it slow.  It’s unfortunate for those that need to travel to catch a cruise but no one could have predicted this. 

 

I'm booked on a Jewel r/t sailing out of Dubai next week and I just received an email from RCL stating that there will be mandatory specialized health screenings performed on anyone who has traveled from, to, or through Italy (all regions other than Lombardy and Veneto) in the past 15 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The talk in this thread is about sailings this year - changes to 2021 itineraries are probably best kept in the 21-22 deployment thread - it may cut down on the confusion.

 

Guess 2021 started with these posts further up . It can be confusing . 

 

12 hours ago, snaefell said:

Maybe more idea than we think given that it would appear that our 5 night cruise out & back to Singapore in March 2021 has suddenly changed to a 14 night cruise to Tokyo,wouldn't mind betting that doesn't qualify for a refund!

Saab4444 response - The idea behind that is that Quantum goes to Alaska in summer 2021. However, not related to current virus issues.

 

Edited by ssb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bader said:

Where did you hear this Biker?

 

https://presscenter.rclcorporate.com/press-release/63/quantum-of-the-seas-update/

 

In light of current regional travel conditions, we’ve decided to cancel Quantum of the Seas March 13, 18, 22, 27 and 31 sailings. We are sharing the news with our guests and are sorry for the disruption to their vacations. Guests will receive full refunds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Weethree2016 said:

We are booked on the 4/4/20 cruise- After asking for some clarification I received an email saying there is no change to the sailing details... clear as mud! I wish they would be a little honest, is going to be our first family cruise and are booked to spend a week in Singapore prior, 

You should plan for the cruise to be canceled. Have backup plans. KNOW AHEAD of time what ALL your cancellations policies are. Sitting and doing nothing isn't the right way to go.

 

Edited by kwokpot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Weethree2016 said:

We are booked on the 4/4/20 cruise- After asking for some clarification I received an email saying there is no change to the sailing details... clear as mud! I wish they would be a little honest, is going to be our first family cruise and are booked to spend a week in Singapore prior, 

 

I know this is frustrating but Royal doesn't know at this point.  Their crystal ball is no better than yours.  It's not a matter of honesty, they are being honest.  As this point they really want your 4/4/20 sailing to execute normally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quantum of the Seas Update

Monday, February 24, 2020

In light of current regional travel conditions, we’ve decided to cancel Quantum of the Seas March 13, 18, 22, 27 and 31 sailings. We are sharing the news with our guests and are sorry for the disruption to their vacations. Guests will receive full refunds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No email as yet from R.C. about our cancelled sailing. Hoping to switch to another sailing , if possible.

Think they are in for a busy day. At least they have given us a bit of notice unless folks on the earlier sailings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MadManOfBethesda said:

 

I'm booked on a Jewel r/t sailing out of Dubai next week and I just received an email from RCL stating that there will be mandatory specialized health screenings performed on anyone who has traveled from, to, or through Italy (all regions other than Lombardy and Veneto) in the past 15 days.

Funny thing was last week on Jewel we shared every port with Costa Diaderma which was full of Italians. Think it might be empty next week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well she's just left Port Klang in the last hour.  Destination is stated as Singapore ETA 0700hrs 4 March 2020.  We are booked on 4 April 2020 sailing so will be the next scheduled cruise for the ship.  I find it hard to believe she is just going to hang around for the next 5 weeks.   Surely they must be considering repositioning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bader said:

Well she's just left Port Klang in the last hour.  Destination is stated as Singapore ETA 0700hrs 4 March 2020.  We are booked on 4 April 2020 sailing so will be the next scheduled cruise for the ship.  I find it hard to believe she is just going to hang around for the next 5 weeks.   Surely they must be considering repositioning?


To where though?  I’m sure they’ve had discussions but...  Australia already has Spectrum for a few months.  There are now issues in Italy and who knows what could be next.   A breakout could occur in North America and then what?   There is one report of a person that returned home to BC Canada from Iran healthy and came down with symptoms.  Unfortunately 80% of people show symptoms like the common cold and you are contagious before symptoms present themselves (unlike SARS where a temperature is found before being contagious)

 

It will start getting warmer in Asia in the next month and hopefully the virus dies quicker in the heat and humidity.  So they may just want to wait it out.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bader said:

Well she's just left Port Klang in the last hour.  Destination is stated as Singapore ETA 0700hrs 4 March 2020.  We are booked on 4 April 2020 sailing so will be the next scheduled cruise for the ship.  I find it hard to believe she is just going to hang around for the next 5 weeks.   Surely they must be considering repositioning?

As I reported earlier Captain Been said she's headed to the Philippines.  Spectrum is making a stop there before heading to Sydney so it makes sense. Do they do some training there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bader said:

Well she's just left Port Klang in the last hour.  Destination is stated as Singapore ETA 0700hrs 4 March 2020.  We are booked on 4 April 2020 sailing so will be the next scheduled cruise for the ship.  I find it hard to believe she is just going to hang around for the next 5 weeks.   Surely they must be considering repositioning?

Royal will have already developed a plan B (and probably plan C as well).  When they were cancelling one cruise at a time, they seemed to be in a wait-and-see mode.  Now they have cancelled a bunch of cruises in one hit, I think they have activated plan B.  I still think US West coast and then Alaska is most likely.  

I think the ship has a few more days to complete two weeks of self-imposed isolation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Royal will have already developed a plan B (and probably plan C as well).  When they were cancelling one cruise at a time, they seemed to be in a wait-and-see mode.  Now they have cancelled a bunch of cruises in one hit, I think they have activated plan B.  I still think US West coast and then Alaska is most likely.  

I think the ship has a few more days to complete two weeks of self-imposed isolation.  

The ‘self-imposed isolation’ point is very interesting. I wonder if they are waiting to see if see passes that without any outbreaks among the crew and then send the ‘clean ship and crew’ on its relocation and announce plans?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Do they do some training there?

Maybe, but it is a very convenient place for the ship as the majority of the crew is likely Filipino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don't do training here but the Philippines isn't banning ''clean" cruise ships so crew are allowed to disembark for the day, last-minute port bookings are relatively easy and cheap, and the Philippines is in the center of the region which means that the ship will be closer to wherever they need to go in any direction. Apparently, Spectrum had no further plans to go to Australia or anywhere until they were in Manila.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bader said:

The ‘self-imposed isolation’ point is very interesting. I wonder if they are waiting to see if see passes that without any outbreaks among the crew and then send the ‘clean ship and crew’ on its relocation and announce plans?
 

Yes.  Leaving the region as a clean ship means they should not be excluded from entering ports elsewhere.   They can also point to their caution to give the cruising public some confidence.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am watching as I am on Voyager out of Singapore May 11 and saw this.

D84BB297-2099-431D-AB1C-D455595B8721.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, iceh20 said:

I am watching as I am on Voyager out of Singapore May 11 and saw this.

D84BB297-2099-431D-AB1C-D455595B8721.png

What are you trying to show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quantum of the Seas will now be sailing out of Tokyo on April 5th 2021 for 10 nights around Japan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, lynneh said:

Quantum of the Seas will now be sailing out of Tokyo on April 5th 2021 for 10 nights around Japan.

That is next year, this thread is about 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still on the cruise to nowhere 🙄

Publication1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BaikG said:

What are you trying to show?

That the March 4th sailing is sold out, which is why it may not be showing for those searching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, iceh20 said:

That the March 4th sailing is sold out, which is why it may not be showing for those searching.

It is not sold out. Rather, all sailings through the end of March on Quantum have been cancelled meaning that they are not selling any rooms for those cancelled sailings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, iceh20 said:

That the March 4th sailing is sold out, which is why it may not be showing for those searching.

The repo from Sydney isn’t for sale through most online agents..

I think it will stay in oz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

The repo from Sydney isn’t for sale through most online agents..

I think it will stay in oz.

Are you referring to Voyager? This thread is for Quantum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...