Pacific Princess Alaska 2020 Onboard Shows??

sabu24

• 2 weeks later...

They usually have a couple of production shows, a comedian, a magician and then an entertainer or two.  They are certainly not the shows you would get on the big ships, but they do a great job.  They will often had dance parties later in the lounges, but again, nothing like what you would find on one of the mega ships.  When are you thinking of going?  We are sailing in the beginning of June and I will be happy to report back specifics after that.

We just cruised on Pacific Princess in January, Panama Canal transit. This was our first time on a ship of that size...didn't know quite what to expect but we really liked it.  The one big difference though was with entertainment.  Tha "main" theatre (Pacific Lounge) is not much bigger than a dance floor,  no actual stage. Everything is performed on the same level as all the seating.  

I'm not posting this as a criticism...just as a "heads up". If you're expecting a typical production show like on larger ships then you might be disappointed.  We however,  thought it was a nice change, especially not having to "fight" for good seats. Unless you're the type that absolutely *must* have a front row seat there's not really a bad seat in the house.

Not to worry, it will be great!  I had a great time on the Pacific in October, in Italy.

The entertainment was wonderful.   I think that one of the production shows was Do You Wanna Dance (or something similar).  The performers were just fantastic!   It was as though they gave extra effort,  due to the smaller venue.

Just awesome!

I have been on small ships and I am not worried about the entertainment, or even the lack of it.  I was just curious.  I cruise to relax and see the world.  All cruise are terrific.  It's aways what you make of it.

Fran

42 minutes ago, sabu24 said:

I have been on small ships and I am not worried about the entertainment, or even the lack of it.  I was just curious.  I cruise to relax and see the world.  All cruise are terrific.  It's aways what you make of it.

Fran

That's the attitude.  They will offer you everything (within reason) of the big ships, but also something that you can't get on those megaships - a sense of what it was like to cruise in days long past.  There is a lovely library, a small pool and lots of deck chairs to watch the world slip by.  The shows are fine as long as you don't go in expecting Broadway.  If nothing else, I am truly amazed at the high quality of entertainment that they do offer.

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We just cruised on Pacific Princess in January, Panama Canal transit. This was our first time on a ship of that size...didn't know quite what to expect but we really liked it.  The one big difference though was with entertainment.  Tha "main" theatre (Pacific Lounge) is not much bigger than a dance floor,  no actual stage. Everything is performed on the same level as all the seating.  

I'm not posting this as a criticism...just as a "heads up". If you're expecting a typical production show like on larger ships then you might be disappointed.  We however,  thought it was a nice change, especially not having to "fight" for good seats. Unless you're the type that absolutely *must* have a front row seat there's not really a bad seat in the house.

I totally agree with this.  They do an incredible job in the space allotted to them and I've never been disappointed with their professionalism.  

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

so those who have sailed this ship;  what do you like about it that would make you want to book again before one of the newer ships; or perhaps one of Princess other small ships?  Thanks

Well, sadly, it's the only small ship they still have in the fleet.  We adore the Pacific and have refused to sail on anything bigger than her since our first cruise on her.  The ship is small, easy to get around, you get to know both staff and your other passengers, there's never much of a line, and the pace seems much slower, harkening back to when cruising was a special treat. 

I don't need or want all the bells and whistles like an ice rink a rock climbing wall, over-the-top shows , five decks of shopping, or a dozen different restaurants to choose from.   She has a lovely library, lots of comfy deck chairs, and a sense of style that we've never found on any other ships, either Princess or someone else.  

She isn't for everyone, but she certainly is our favorite.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Production shows in December (should be the same now):

Do You Wanna Dance

Motor City

Bravo

I remember now that the cast does know one or two other production shows, but I do not remember which ones they are.

I'm with Spikesgirl and others who love this ship, and have cruised on her numerous times, and as recently as this past Nov/Dec for 29 blissful days. When looking for the next cruise, the first itineraries I check are those on the Pacific!!

Yes she's small, but that's her biggest plus. Love stepping up to the elevator, pushing the button to call for it, it arrives promptly, and, wonder of wonders …. it's empty!! And walking from end to end in 3-4 minutes!!

There's the same types of activities and entertainment as on the larger ship, just on a smaller scale.

One tip ….. when there's a production show scheduled, plan on getting there early so you can be seated in one of the first few rows. Since the dance floor is where much of it is performed, you'll have a better view of what the dancer's feet are doing.

I sincerely hope you come to love the Pacific Princess as much as so many of us do.

Smallest Ship we have been on was with Azamara, believe it was about 700. I was on a maybe 200 passenger river cruise in China.    I am looking forward to the small ship and have no problem with a restful time, although we will be touring often.  Nothing like relaxing and watching the scenery in Alaska.  I will get to the show early.  On this particlar trip I can't wait to do the land tour included in the package.  Hope to get up front and personal with the wildlife.  Missed the whales last time.

1 minute ago, sabu24 said:

Smallest Ship we have been on was with Azamara, believe it was about 700. I was on a maybe 200 passenger river cruise in China.    I am looking forward to the small ship and have no problem with a restful time, although we will be touring often.  Nothing like relaxing and watching the scenery in Alaska.  I will get to the show early.  On this particlar trip I can't wait to do the land tour included in the package.  Hope to get up front and personal with the wildlife.  Missed the whales last time.

Me, too.  The last time we went on this cruise, we saw nothing.  it was very disheartening.  I'm hoping that we will have better luck this time.

2 minutes ago, Spikesgirl said:
6 minutes ago, sabu24 said:

Me, too.  The last time we went on this cruise, we saw nothing.  it was very disheartening.  I'm hoping that we will have better luck this time.

We went in May last time, thinking August will be better

Edited by sabu24

12 minutes ago, sabu24 said:

We went in May last time, thinking August will be better

And we went in August.  Of course, we booked late and had a oceanview (two portholes).  This time we have a balcony (and binoculars!).  I think (hope) that will make a difference.