Menus

Monica887

3 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

I know people sometimes post them here but is there a reliable way of accessing any ship's most current menus?

Latest talk is they have 14 menus that rotate.  From past history not all ships synced.

Presume you mean MDR?

2 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Latest talk is they have 14 menus that rotate.  From past history not all ships synced.

Presume you mean MDR?

Yes, MDR. Specialty restaurants would be nice to have too. I know they don't change much. 

18 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Presume you mean MDR?

On Gem Jan. 2-24.  They said they have 21 menus.  However, there were several entrees that popped up a few times so some of those 21 were quite mix and match.  For example, night 1 broiled pollock, night 3 baked pollock, night 5 broiled pollock.  Turkey escalope w/parmesan crust night 1, turkey scallopini night 3.  I happened to chat with the GM about this as there were 20 nights to spread some of these items around.  He said they get everything from Miami and execute it as specified.  

Things got better during the cruise and repeats were more spaced out.  Service in both DR's was excellent.

Not too many long cruises like that.  I don't have copies of any of the menus.  The regular 7 night (went on Encore right after Gem) menus were incorporated into the 20 nights as well.  

Yes. There are 14 MDR menus used for cruise 14 days or less. There are extended menus for longer cruises, but the “specials of the day” will repeat. The menus use to be regional. Anything out of Florida and NY and MA would be the same because they are all provisioned out of the same central facility. Alaska, Med, Asia, etc would have Standard items with unique items based on provisioning.