Lack of information from Azamara

sunlover33

We're not cruising out of Asia in May but from Venice.  The information on the Azamara site, which is the same for all Royal Caribbean companies, is that they will not accept passengers from several Asian countries, including china, also anyone traveling though Lombardy and Veneto in the 15 days prior to embarkation. This is an interesting one because how do you board a ship in Venice if it's a no go area?  We will have to see. Our travel agents says that the cruise companies are inundated with requests for more information so I doubt if we will get anything from them.  It's a shame that they don't just post what might happen in the event of a rejig of intinary or cancellation.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Mariazur said:

We're not cruising out of Asia in May but from Venice.  The information on the Azamara site, which is the same for all Royal Caribbean companies, is that they will not accept passengers from several Asian countries, including china, also anyone traveling though Lombardy and Veneto in the 15 days prior to embarkation. This is an interesting one because how do you board a ship in Venice if it's a no go area?  We will have to see. Our travel agents says that the cruise companies are inundated with requests for more information so I doubt if we will get anything from them.  It's a shame that they don't just post what might happen in the event of a rejig of intinary or cancellation.

We are due to board Quest in Athens on 23 Apr. which disembarks in Venice on

2 May. We too are wondering what Azamara will do. Not that disembarking is a problem for us. We are getting off the ship and travelling on to London but Azamara have chartered Quest on  next cruise departing Venice on 2 May which then returns to Venice 8 days later. 
Are they going  to refuse boarding of 600 odd passengers who will have been in or have gone through Veneto! (Venice).  

this could be the end of a great company   Awful communication   I  was talking to a travel agent yestereday who said she would not go

and chargung long time customers more than tne new ones...................awful

With a worsening situation in Europe and our cruise along with many others in a state of uncertainty surely Azamara should provide an update. This lack of information only leads to speculation on Azamara’s motives in relation to cancelling or rerouting cruises. 

5 minutes ago, chromered7 said:

With a worsening situation in Europe and our cruise along with many others in a state of uncertainty surely Azamara should provide an update. This lack of information only leads to speculation on Azamara’s motives in relation to cancelling or rerouting cruises. 

Our team is working diligently to keep up with the worldwide changes. I expect there will be a new statement by or before the end of the week. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

Our team is working diligently to keep up with the worldwide changes. I expect there will be a new statement by or before the end of the week. 

Thanks Bonnie, I do think a new statement is overdue, as the situation is changing daily and it is getting worse not better. I do hope Azamara have taken note of what other cruise lines have offered, this is a situation none of us would have wished for, but we are where we are, and how individual cruise lines react will have a major impact on our cruising decisions going forward!

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

Bonnie

I appreciate communication from you as many of us feel we have been left hanging here with regard to our cruises.

hopefully concrete information is coming sooner rather than later.

🙏🏻

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Thank you for your post - but time is running out for some of us - we are leaving Dubai on the 17th March 2020 on the Quest and it appears that at least 2 ports we are scheduled to visit are closed to cruise ships - any news would be welcome.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, nigelc said:

Thank you for your post - but time is running out for some of us - we are leaving Dubai on the 17th March 2020 on the Quest and it appears that at least 2 ports we are scheduled to visit are closed to cruise ships - any news would be welcome.  

We are in the same position, and yes, time is running out. We really do need a statement from Azamara about this very fluid situation. Whilst we do appreciate the logistics involved, we really do need some clarity 

• Like 2

BB MacLaird : Our team is working diligently to keep up with the worldwide changes. I expect there will be a new statement by or before the end of the week. 

nigelc : Thank you for your post - but time is running out for some of us - we are leaving Dubai on the 17th March 2020 on the Quest and it appears that at least 2 ports we are scheduled to visit are closed to cruise ships - any news would be welcome.  

Lindy028 : We are in the same position, and yes, time is running out. We really do need a statement from Azamara about this very fluid situation. Whilst we do appreciate the logistics involved, we really do need some clarity 

Thanks Bonnie.

Hopefully sooner rather than later. We are also booked on Quest on 17 and 28 March from Dubai through to Athens.

On the first leg Doha has now been confirmed as refusing entry to cruise ships until further notice. Yesterday Bahrain and Doha both refused entry to ships due to be docked.

Today it has been reported that 2300 guests were recalled from excursions to a MSC ship docked at Piraeus where we are due to disembark.

Several hours ago on the Coronavirus thread it was reported "Israel: Quarantine Ordered for Arrivals From Germany, France, Spain, Switzerland, and Austria" which also does not bode well for our cruise.

Looking forward to a timely response from Azamara.

Trish

On 2/18/2020 at 11:36 PM, yogagal47 said:

Look at the Seabourn board-they cancelled a cruise when everyone had already arrived and were ready to board. A lot of unhappy folks...

i just heard on CBS news that cruises are not recommended because of closed venalation system   Anyone else hear this

20 minutes ago, Kozimoto1209 said:

Hello,

We are booked with Azamara, does the credit apply to any cruise line in the RCC group of companies or only the cruise line you originally booked with?

Thanks

Looking at the information on the celebrity site, it only applies to the original cruise line. 
https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunlover33 said:

Looking at the information on the celebrity site, it only applies to the original cruise line. 
https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

Thanks for your response.

We are on a Dubai to Athens cruise leaving April 26. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. I’m glad Azamara at least have given the option of a credit for future cruise. 

1 hour ago, Kozimoto1209 said:

Hello,

We are booked with Azamara, does the credit apply to any cruise line in the RCC group of companies or only the cruise line you originally booked with?

Thanks

You might like to visit this page regarding the new cancellation policy:

https://www.azamara.com/int/cruise-with-confidence?icid=aza_brnd_b_int_vb_oth_aza_confidence_hp_hero_3062020_

If you have any other questions here are some useful telephone numbers:

1-833-292-2292 (US/Canada)
0333 242 5970 (UK/Ireland)
1-800-754-500 (Australia/New Zealand)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cahpek said:

You might like to visit this page regarding the new cancellation policy:

https://www.azamara.com/int/cruise-with-confidence?icid=aza_brnd_b_int_vb_oth_aza_confidence_hp_hero_3062020_

If you have any other questions here are some useful telephone numbers:

1-833-292-2292 (US/Canada)
0333 242 5970 (UK/Ireland)
1-800-754-500 (Australia/New Zealand)

Thank you!

On 3/6/2020 at 9:14 PM, hamptonroads said:

i just heard on CBS news that cruises are not recommended because of closed venalation system   Anyone else hear this

Its a bit like a car recirculate or new air, the first is cheaper and makes it colder, Azamara have I believe said they will Not recirculate air at this time

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 6:29 PM, DRJVH said:

We are due to board Quest in Athens on 23 Apr. which disembarks in Venice on

2 May. We too are wondering what Azamara will do. Not that disembarking is a problem for us. We are getting off the ship and travelling on to London but Azamara have chartered Quest on  next cruise departing Venice on 2 May which then returns to Venice 8 days later. 
Are they going  to refuse boarding of 600 odd passengers who will have been in or have gone through Veneto! (Venice).  

Venice is  no longer allowing cruise ships!,  I wonder when Azamara is going to tell it’s customers??

Edited by DRJVH

5 hours ago, DRJVH said:

Venice is  no longer allowing cruise ships!,  I wonder when Azamara is going to tell it’s customers??

We sail out of Venice on May 9th on the Quest.  I presume that Azamara is still going to take the "wait and see" route for now, as is it 2 months away.  It is extremely difficult for us to worry about it, but I don't think that we will hear anything until sometime in April.  

10 hours ago, 0123al007 said:

Its a bit like a car recirculate or new air, the first is cheaper and makes it colder, Azamara have I believe said they will Not recirculate air at this time

The Travel Advisory of 5 March states :

Circulating 100% fresh air into all guest cabin areas – no recirculation.

and we have to remember that we could be stucki away from home~!!!!!!  

If we take the future credit we will not get any of the bonus or extra peris we had for this cruise...such as pay for inside and get balcony  and the scary part if the line goes out of business our thousands of dollars is just lost....I do not know of an insurance plan and yes....big compaies go out....what about Renisence cruise line??? Lehman Brothers??? think positive but realistic and we get no credit for our insurance..............................we are pretty stuck