Just got my full cash refund for the Anthem virus-scare sailing

PortFees45

Not only do I not have any of the amounts refunded to my two credit cards, but Royal lied to me about having issued the credits yesterday.  I spoke with both Bank America and Citicard about any pending refunds, and they assured me that if ANY refunds were issued prior to 11PM last night they would at least show up as pending.  Nada. Yet Roman from RCCL's Resolution Desk essentially said "too bad, we've done all we are going to do and it will show up when it shows up".

On 2/15/2020 at 6:48 PM, ThursdaysChild said:

Not only do I not have any of the amounts refunded to my two credit cards, but Royal lied to me about having issued the credits yesterday.  I spoke with both Bank America and Citicard about any pending refunds, and they assured me that if ANY refunds were issued prior to 11PM last night they would at least show up as pending.  Nada. Yet Roman from RCCL's Resolution Desk essentially said "too bad, we've done all we are going to do and it will show up when it shows up".

Sorry to hear that. 

On 2/15/2020 at 6:48 PM, ThursdaysChild said:

I won't go into the technical details about "batch" processing and this is Federal holiday which may or may not affect bank operations and/or RCCL operations.  I wouldn't start worrying until Wednesday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gatour said:

I won't go into the technical details about "batch" processing and this is Federal holiday which may or may not affect bank operations and/or RCCL operations.  I wouldn't start worrying until Wednesday.

For sure. The bank staffer telling the client this info is likely an under trained, under paid call center drone. And I don’t mean that as an insult. I’ve been one of those drones myself and the ability to give accurate info is entirely circumstantial.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gatour said:

LOL, I run a company that builds PPM systems for the major global Pharma companies, and prior to 15 years here spent a couple decades in banking technology from the business side, mostly  EFT and Wholesale & Retail DDA systems, along with (really eye-opening!) Overnight Deposit Analysis systems.  So I understand how long the whole process takes.  If RCCL had processed a refund it would be showing now, early AM on the 18th. I am not worried, I just don't like RCCL's not being honest. Again.  

• Like 1