Brightline - What Time to Come Home?

smogfarmgirl

Taking our first cruise and decided to take Brightline from WPB to the port. Since it’s our first cruise, I have no idea how long deembarkation takes. Our ship (Celebrity Infinity) docks at 7AM, and we plan to eat breakfast, drag our feet getting off, lol. Any thoughts about when we’ll be off the ship, how long Lyft will take to get the the Brightline station, and how early we should be for our train?

We have ticket options for 10:40, 11:40, 12:40, etc. 

This is all new to us, so any info and thoughts are helpful!

2 hours ago, smogfarmgirl said:

Taking our first cruise and decided to take Brightline from WPB to the port. Since it’s our first cruise, I have no idea how long deembarkation takes. Our ship (Celebrity Infinity) docks at 7AM, and we plan to eat breakfast, drag our feet getting off, lol. Any thoughts about when we’ll be off the ship, how long Lyft will take to get the the Brightline station, and how early we should be for our train?

We have ticket options for 10:40, 11:40, 12:40, etc. 

This is all new to us, so any info and thoughts are helpful!

You can drag your feet til about 930am. Then you will be asked to disembark. The1040am train should not be a problem. From the port to the Miami Brightline station it takes about 10 minutes. We are coming down from West Palm next month and plan on getting to the station at least1/2 hour early.

47 minutes ago, skrufy said:

You can drag your feet til about 930am. Then you will be asked to disembark. The1040am train should not be a problem. From the port to the Miami Brightline station it takes about 10 minutes. We are coming down from West Palm next month and plan on getting to the station at least1/2 hour early.

Perfect, thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 7:21 PM, skrufy said:

If you would, please let me know how this works out. We live in WPB  and are currently considering this option. People don’t seem to be to positive about off-site parking in Miami and with a nine day cruise at $25/day that’s a bit much. 

38 minutes ago, cruisefan0110 said:

If you would, please let me know how this works out. We live in WPB  and are currently considering this option. People don’t seem to be to positive about off-site parking in Miami and with a nine day cruise at $25/day that’s a bit much. 

Traveling on 3/5. Will try and let you know how it goes as soon as I can on the 5th. The train looks really nice and comfortable. Service looks so much better than tri rail, and quicker. 

3 minutes ago, skrufy said:

Traveling on 3/5. Will try and let you know how it goes as soon as I can on the 5th. The train looks really nice and comfortable. Service looks so much better than tri rail, and quicker. 

48 minutes ago, cruisefan0110 said:

Can’t wait to hear how it goes, skrufy! 

I’ll post when we’re back, too, which will be the end of March

Brightline (aka Virgin Trains).  We did it last week. FLL to POM.  Cheaper than Uber and maybe SAS (I hate bus transportation for cruises).   Cheaper than parking at POM.  It's also fun, spotlessly clean, quick -31 minutes- and a seamless operation.  Icing on the cake is not having to deal with miami road traffic.

Plenty of coupons and specials which may apply.  

5 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

Brightline (aka Virgin Trains).  We did it last week. FLL to POM.  Cheaper than Uber and maybe SAS (I hate bus transportation for cruises).   Cheaper than parking at POM.  It's also fun, spotlessly clean, quick -31 minutes- and a seamless operation.  Icing on the cake is not having to deal with miami road traffic.

Plenty of coupons and specials which may apply.  

How long did the Lyft from the train station in Miami to POM take?

1 hour ago, smogfarmgirl said:

How long did the Lyft from the train station in Miami to POM take?

About 5-6 minutes to arrive, 8-10 minutes in the car.  On our return, the lyft arrived more quickly.

Smooth and pleasant experience. 

• Thanks 1

The West Palm Beach area has an active Uber /Lyft market. You might want to price the port of Miami package with and without parking.

There's also the Bahamas Paradise cruise out of Port of Palm Beach. BrightLine offers deals from Miami and Fort Lauderdale to WPB. Don't know how or if the parking in Miami works on these deals

On 2/25/2020 at 11:48 AM, cruisefan0110 said:

Im so sorry I can't give you a report on how the trip went we  had a delay in getting from the Budget rental to the Brightline station. We missed the 113oam train and the next one was not until 140pm. So we took Tri rail to MIA and a cab to the port

Edited by skrufy
Correction