Tortolla Shore Excursion to Baths with Shore Excursions? vs Disney excursion

coasteraddict

will be stopping on Tortolla with Disney - would really love to see Baths...we have group of 13 and thought might be nice to book private excursion to Baths rather than Disney Excursion to Baths since enough of us to make it cost effective.  Wondering if anyone has used Shore Excursions tour company for Bath Tours?  I've read best to get to Baths early to avoid crowds to enjoy best....both excursion company and Disney excursion use ferry to Virgin Gorda - just seems we would have more control of our time in private group over Disney tour?

Really no way to avoid the crowd at the Baths by going early or with a different group simply because you are a part of that crowd. We've not used this excursion operator but you may even be on the same ferry.

Having said that, your port time and date play a big role in choosing the best option as you may indeed be able to avoid the biggest crowd by going to the Baths later in the day if your port time allows... Please provide that info...

Edited by blue_water

we are in tortola from 7:30 AM to 5:45 and when check port schedule so far DCL ship is only ship on port scheduled for the day we are there.  Would be tempted to do ferry and open air transfer on Virgin Gorda on own...but some people in group are not as adventurous as me and would prefer booking through excursion company.   Private excursion company would meet us at 8am.

Is there more than one ferry to Virgin Gorda?  I see Speedys ferry service.  I assumed only one ferry service and both private excursion company and DCL excursion using same ferry?...but maybe I am wrong?

There are two ferry options, Speedy's and Sensations. The Speedy's 8AM ferry to VG and 3:30PM return would give you a good 6 hours to enjoy Savannah and Spring Bays as well as the Baths, and perhaps lunch in Spanishtown with plenty of time to get back. The question is whether this excursion gives you some flexibility where you can "design" your day to arrive at the Baths later than the main crowds. I would expect to have that flexibility on a private excursion, but realize that others on the ship excursion and on self-excursions will be looking for the same thing. Hopefully others can give you more useful feedback on this excursion...Have you checked the SE site for reviews?

Edited by blue_water

Where is the SE site for reviews?  I would love to find some reviews on the excursion company....they were recommended by a travel agent that books disney cruises when I asked about alternative to cruise excursion.  I called them today to see if I could get some more information about customizing the tour to our needs....wouldn't be much point in booking a private tour if can't.  I've just had the baths on my bucket list and not sure if/when will get back so would really like to try and get there.

PS....Finger Lakes & Mexico - nice!   have been going to the finger lakes for years and it's a beautiful area....and what is not to love about a beach in Mexico!

Is it Shore Excursions Group? If so no reviews of the Baths Discovery excursion posted yet on their site -

https://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/tour/the-baths-discovery/CATOBTHDSCVRY

A quick search shows miscellaneous reviews of the company on this site...

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/shoreexcursionsgroup.com

I agree that a private excursion would definitely be preferred over a cruise line excursion, and others in your group would feel better than going on their own. So sounds like a good option!