Latest time I can board a cruise departing at 4 P.M.?

Encore37

According to Carnival’s website, you must be on board the ship by the time printed on your boarding pass.  You can access your boarding pass 90 days prior to sailing.  The final time for boarding is generally 1 hour prior to sailing. 

• Like 1

Just to add, the cruise lines are required to provide a passenger manifest to DHS at least one hour prior to departure and, as a result, most lines will give themselves a 30 minute cushion as their cutoff for final boarding (i.e. 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure).

1 hour ago, joepeka said:

Just to add, the cruise lines are required to provide a passenger manifest to DHS at least one hour prior to departure and, as a result, most lines will give themselves a 30 minute cushion as their cutoff for final boarding (i.e. 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure).

It’s interesting that Carnival technically doesn’t give themselves any cushion with this DHS requirement. Final boarding is always 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure on Royal Carribean, which is consistent with your comment.  

Edited by PhillyFan33579
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Encore37 said:

I couldn't find the info on Carnival's website. 

Could someone tell me the cut-off time for boarding the Carnival Victory from Miami with a 4 P.M. departure?

The Department Of Homeland Security requires Carnival to submit their final departure manifest 60 minutes prior to departure. I would certainly embark prior to that. 

Located @: https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3180

20200216-123421.png

Edited by ObstructedView2

2 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

Keep in mind that is final boarding time, so you also want to allow time to check-in.  If you arrive at the terminal at 2:55 you may or not make it through check-in in 5 minutes 😉 

Good point. I'd be a nervous wreck trying to cut it that close....A related question: do they have a final check in time?

Happened to us just last week out of Port Canaveral. Member of our group was unexpectedly detained and finally made it to parking garage at 2:15. Was too late to check bags so had to drag them all with her and 3 little kids. Got to checkin/security at 2:35. Breezed right through and joined us on deck right around 2:55.  Needless to say it was a close call and we were all holding our breath but all's well that ends well.  

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 1:32 PM, Cruising_Addict said:

The “all on board time” is listed on your boarding documents. You can always log into your Cruise Manager and view or print your boarding documents, even before final check-in, to get this information. 

The only thing you can see before check in date is the luggage tags.  You can't even look at the boarding pass until you check in.

17 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Good point. I'd be a nervous wreck trying to cut it that close....A related question: do they have a final check in time?

Not that I'm aware, but the last appointment time I remember seeing for most of my 4:00 sail aways has been 2:00-2:30

7 hours ago, lcantw3658 said:

Happened to us just last week out of Port Canaveral. Member of our group was unexpectedly detained and finally made it to parking garage at 2:15. Was too late to check bags so had to drag them all with her and 3 little kids. Got to checkin/security at 2:35. Breezed right through and joined us on deck right around 2:55.  Needless to say it was a close call and we were all holding our breath but all's well that ends well.  

I don't picture 20 minutes as breathed right through 😉 but I'm so glad they made it.  

• Thanks 1

Another thing to consider is Miami has a lot of ships, and very likely a lot of people who fly in and head straight to the ship (because there are a lot of ships).  So whatever your plan is, make sure you leave plenty of time to get to the port.  We were in an Uber from a hotel in the Brickell area, and it probably took 40ish minutes, when it should've taken maybe 10.

7 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

The only thing you can see before check in date is the luggage tags.  You can't even look at the boarding pass until you check in.

Nope.  You cannot see your boarding pass, but you can see all cruise documents (which includes your luggage tags).  Now, having said that, the General Information does not include the last boarding time.image.thumb.png.581fb19b6af5c2f1de122af2a58635d7.png